RAW NS tell me 'bout it..

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering about this light. type of beam, throw, spill, comparisions to other light's etc.VDG

treasurydept

Newly Enlightened
I was in the market for one too, but luckily I found a different light before I bought the NS. Waion's Luxogen LR12W (CR2) is only a tiny bit longer, but is much brighter, mod friendly, runs for twice as long, regulated, HAIII and best of all, about a quarter of the price. You should definitely check this one out.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like mine (Ns w K2) but I mostly bought it for the style/machining of the light, very well made. It is a little brighter than my P1 on high but is not regulated. Also has similar beam shape to my P1. For me its my going out light, a bit of bling I guess. And there may be a Cree XR-E version on the horizon from what Rob (Orb) has said/shown. I think it depends what you want it for?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a very non "bling" guy, so i was wanting is a very bright light in the smallest package I can get without going with a totally cu$tom light.

I will be waiting for how the Cree XR-E saga turns out, like the small block chevy motor, this changes everything.

I will most definately check out the Luxogen LR12W, please give me a bit of info as defined in my first post. VDG

Somy Nex

Enlightened
I've got a regular T-bin LuxIII Raw Ns from the first run. Descriptively, the light it matches most closely in terms of beam profile and brightness (on both low & high levels) is my McLuxIII PD (UX1K 30/500mA). of course its battery has far less capacity than the PD, and it is not regulated. It is at present the smallest of all of my lights.

Raw NS High:

PD High:

Raw NS Low:

PD Low:

JIL Intelli (old style) Burst:

Jil Intelli High:

Fenix P1:

click on any picture for a larger version. directly comparable beamshots of pretty much all the lights that have passed through my hands can also be found in the links in my sigline.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NS uses a battery for which there is only one source. If that supply goes away, those lights become little paperweights. Perhaps I think too much, but its enough to prevent me from getting one. The standard Raw, the JIL, even the P1, are small enough and bright enough to scare the uninitiated, and they use standard batteries. JMO.

I have a pair of Raws, and am very fond of them, so this isn't an Orb-hating post. I'm just saying. :)

peace

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics somy, I did check out the Luxogen LR12W, very nice lght,
I wouldn't mind seeing it in a size comparision pic, but it's pretty small and regulation is a plus. The li ion "N" type 3.7 cell I am sure was not made just for this light,(too small a market for just us FL nerd's) so I'm not too concerned, it's made for at least a few other thing's thus will continue to be available most likely.

I do wish there was a NS size a little cheaper, I would certainly
trade the bling factor for HA-III and regulation. VDG

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't really need HA-III, the Nickel Silver is very tough and looks great w/o anodizing (unlike alu which will pick up scars soon).

I think I might have lost the Lux lottery w/ my T-bin NS, as pretty much any of my T-bin or higher lights will outdo the NS on high. I'm thinking about sending it in to get a U-bin upgrade, but the price is high enough (about 40 or 50 bucks) that I'd maybe rather just get another whole new one!

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Does anybody know how the little CR2 lights on ebay compare to the Orb products in brightness and/or runtime? There are a few for sale there for about $30 to $40, including insurance and shipping.