USB "extension cord"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't know the technical name for it, but I need it.

"It" is an extension cord that has a male USB plug on one end, and a female USB plug of the same type at the other. The type of plug (both male & female) is the same wide rectangular USB connector you find on the back of most PCs. And I need at least 3 feet of cord.

Any ideas what it's called or where I can buy one QUICKLY?

Alchemist

Newly Enlightened
Craig.
I think its just a male to female USB(A) extension cable.
IF you have radioshack near you try there USB extension
they have all sorts of USB extension cables to choose from, not just the one in the link. most of these can be bought in the stores(at least according to the site).

Alan.

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
Man, they want both your arms for these cables! Even CompUSA is exorbitant - $30 for a 12' cable!!!!
blush.gif

If you've got a Costco, they're the best deal around - 6 bucks for a 6' cable and 6' extension - making it 12' total.

I've got an extra 6' extension (from said package above) if you want it... Course you'll have to wait for snail mail - but from CA to WA shouldn't take too long.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alchemist:
Craig.
I think its just a male to female USB(A) extension cable.
IF you have radioshack near you try there USB extension
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice.
Our Radio Shack didn't have this part, and didn't have them on order (it figures, sorry POS store!) so I bopped on down to the Office Depo at 4th and Pike and bought one there.

Speaking of computers... anyone here know what Exception 14 ($0E) means? When the system blue-screens my ***, this is usually the exception shown.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
Man, they want both your arms for these cables! Even CompUSA is exorbitant - $30 for a 12' cable!!!!
blush.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just came back from Office Depo after paying $18 and change for a six footer. :-/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
If you've got a Costco, they're the best deal around - 6 bucks for a 6' cable and 6' extension - making it 12' total.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, no Costo here - not one I can get to anyway. I know there's one 30 or 40 miles north of here, but it's off the bus line and I ain't got a car.
Since all the computer shops in town packed up and moved away last summer, my choices are limited to Radio Shack and Office Depo, and neither one have a terribly good selection.

I've got an extra 6' extension (from said package above) if you want it... Course you'll have to wait for snail mail - but from CA to WA shouldn't take too long.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darn - I just bought & opened one. But thanks for the offer.
smile.gif