this kid can play guitar

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
No advice for a guitar, but man if I could have played like that when I was 16.(Edit: OK the guy is 22).
Thanks for sharing I'm going to watch it for the 3rd time :)

Last edited:

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK so what is a good guitar to start with. I want an cheap one "inexpensive" with some quality, i dont need all the bells and whistles. just something thats good to learn on and yet provide some satisfaction of hearing stuff that i can play good "IF" i can have the paitence to pratice

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Epiphone (Gibson clones) & Squier (Fender clones) have some pretty decent starters guitars. You could also look into the Ibanez Jumpstart, or something by Richwood (decent pricing, but haven't had any experience with these).

Also take a look at Yamaha, back in the day when I used to play Bass, I preferred my 2nd hand (payed $100 for it) Yamaha bass over anything else... And don't be afraid to buy 2nd hand. A 2nd hand Ibanez or Fender will often cost you just as much as one of the better copies, while giving you just that little extra :)

Danbo

Enlightened
Although I can't play more than a couple of chords, I do own 3 guitars. 2 of them are electric Schecter guitars, and one is a Takamine acoustic/electric. For the money, a lot of people are giving the Schecters good reviews. If mine are any indication, Schecter gives a lot of nice features, for not a lot of money. They certainly sound better than I'm able to play them; people who have played mine(people who do know how to play) seem to like them quite a bit. And, nobody wants to put down my Takamine for some reason.

Razor

Newly Enlightened
If you're looking for a good beginner electric guitar, have a look at these ones.
(http://guitar.about.com/cs/beginners/tp/electricguitars.htm)

(Is posting the url considered "hotlinking"? Mods, go ahead and remove it if it is)

Another great site you'll want to browse through is
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar, where it's a gigantic collection of user reviews sorted over many criterias.

I have a Squeir Strat, and I can tell you that it's a decent starter. The thing keeps in tune quite well (which is a frequent problem for Squier Strats, according to reviews), and has comfortable weight and balance. Be sure to "test drive" each one at the music store, even if you're going to buy it from online or something.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Dave - that's awesome! I'm in a band as well, however it's a more folky deal... I'm always looking to brush up on my theory! I get caught up on writing more simple songs, and forget that sometimes tossing in a weird chord progression or two can really make a song.
john

X Racer said:
Its real, and the kids not bad. With some more practice, he'll be burning it down... I played for a living for 12 years and now run www.theorylessons.com on the side...

Heres a clip of a solo I recorded a while back: http://www.werksmedia.com/pics/clip.mp3

vaism

Newly Enlightened
Clear blue ocean & windswept coconut trees..
Woo.. he's good! I never have the patience to memorise an entire song like that, not that my technique was half as good.. :grin2:

I think good value entry level guitars are Yamahas. Somehow, i always preferred playing my friend's cheap yamaha strat rather than the Ibanez s series i had. Quality is good considering the prices.