LedBeam update: New switch-great bargain

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ledbeam flashlight is a (3) c cell mag style light-but lighter and with a 3 watt Lumiled Led that is well heatsinked. It throws a powerful focused spot and a very wide spillbeam. The company just upgraded their switches- better feel- smoother now. I've bought 9 so far to give as presents..but my co-workers and friends keep wanting one when I show it off! Special for now... 3 for $54...free shipping too! First shot is 25 feet to the back wall. Second shot: Ledbeam on left and Scorpion Led on right : sure wish I could figure out how you get these photos apart!
ledbeam002.jpg
ledbeam006.jpg

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a coincidence - I just ran across this thread, and, not half an hour ago, I ordered 3 of them (my stock was running low). I give a lot of them as gifts. For people unfamiliar with modern LED flashlights, you can be a hero for not much money.

mdocod

Flashaholic
nice to hear they updated the switches... when did that change occur? ?

I've had 1 switch assembly fail in a rigorous work enviroment on one of the 6 I have bought so far... and after it failed, I decided I wouldn't buy anymore untill they changed the design... good to hear! If the new switch assembly is similar to a mag "quality" level, then this light probably just jumped to the top of the bang-for-buck list in anyones book.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a lot of conversion with Ledbeam lately..and they just sent me the first order with the new switches...all future orders will have this switch...better feel and quality, but not a momemtary on...they are also working on a new model light...don't know yet what it is. Just a great value...As fast as I buy them...someone wants one as soon as I show it!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've even used the Ledbeam for barter. My neighbor's brother is a plumber. He asked me what would be a good light for crawling under houses and being able to see from one end to the other. I show him the Ledbeam. He was so impressed that I traded it to him for some plumbing work. I made out like a bandit on that deal.