Looking for a strong throw

LowTEC

Enlightened
Currently looking for the strongest throw single battery Luxeon flashlight, don't care about spill at all since I found my L2T spill is wider than I like.

Be it AA, AAA, 123, or CR2, but it has to be single battery so i can use it as my EDC

Any idea?

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, for a single-cell EDC light, I carry the Fenix P1. However, the spot/spill isn't really a lot different than the L2T, maybe a bit less spill. The only lights that have relatively little spill are the optic lights (no reflector) The only optic lights I am aware of that have a good throw with low spill are the Inovas, and they normally are multi-cell lights.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Peak Rainier has tremendous throw for a single cell light. The FlashlightReviews throw rating is 40.62!

It uses a single rechargable 123 cell [RCR123a].

The FlashlightReviews review for the 2005 CPF Special version of this light can be seen at:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/cpfpeak/

Username: cpf
Password: peakaboo

Last edited:

KILLER KWEEZE

Newly Enlightened
That peak rainer looks fantastic!

Ive tried the link on the flashlight review page but it wont load up.

Where can i get my hands on one of these and how much!!!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Killer Kweeze - did you copy the http://www.flashlightreviews.com/cpfpeak/ into your browser window? Try that if you didn't. Then use the user / password.
The review from FlashlightReviews is very thorough, as always. Quickbeam gave it 4.5 stars / points. He originally gave it 5.0 but deducted one-half since the runtime on the rechargables was not one full hour, which is a fair benchmark.

As far as I know the 2005 CPF Special reviewed is the exact same light as the current Peak Rainier, except for the hard annodize color. The 2005 CPF Peak Special came with a charger and one or two batteries. [Don't remember how many because I ordered extra cells to use in my other lights]

You can order a Rainier from PeakLEDSolutions.com. They are now $82.45 in annodized aluminium or $89.90 in Stainless. Brass is also available - which I'm told looks great, but is heavy.

Last edited:

iced_theater

Enlightened
The best throwing single RCR123 light I know of is the Chameleon with Chamelehead. It out throws all of my other led lights easily. Runs a decent amount of time too depending on level of light you chose.