I don't know whether to laugh...

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Or do this: :ohgeez:

A couple weeks ago, I ordered some switches from www.wholesalemarine.com. One of the types of switches I ordered was a Momentary-Off-On rocker (three of them). When my order arrived, they had sent plain Off-On switches. I called them, and they were very curteous, simply shipping me the right switch (three of them). They arrived today, and guess what? They got it wrong again. I got three On-Off-On (two circuit) rockers. I'm thinking of sending them off an email just to inform them that they got it wrong again. I don't want any more switches, but I feel obligated to let them know.

They were only a few bucks each, and I got more switches than I ended up paying for, so I'm not mad. It was a little weird, though.

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
Hi TigerhawkT3-
Since you seem to be looking for an opinion I'll just jump right in. IMHO they seem to want a happy customer. Based on my 40 + years in distributon of electronic components and instrumention, my guess is that they have "mismarked" inventory.( Most likley they received it this way from their supplier). Add to this the fact that today very few people understand switches and your experence is understandable. Were it me I would send them a very pleasant e mail, THANK them for their response, suggest the idea above, and ask if you can help them identify the correct switch prior to shippment. Also offer to return the switches you have at your expense as they are obviously trying their best for you. I cannot guarantee anything, of course, however, based on their first response I believe you might be pleasantly surpised.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You never know, either, they may have a mismatched catalog number with their website or something. I had this happen with a sofa cover once. The webpage was correct, but from that point out everything was linked to a totally different item..