An expensive way to test waterproof lights.....

bigcozy

Enlightened
Got a call this morning at 5:30am informing me my boat was sinking. I had been living in it, but I had it hauled out about two months ago, so I rented a condo next to my golf course. Thinking it would be better if I was out of it during my refurb. Storm comes through this morning, complete with tornadoes. Cut the shore power from my boat, and I have the electronics all ripped out. Not sure why it started leaking, but no power to the bilge pumps. When I got there over a foot of water in the cabin.

Of interest to CPFers, the Surefire G2 is pretty waterproof apparently. It was rolling around the floor in and out of water. I want you guys to remember it cost me about $12,000 to test this for you!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, the SF G2 is proven waterproof in field conditions !!
bigcozy, that is in the true spirit of a CPF member.
I am awed by your selfless dedication to duty. The rest of us can only wonder at your presence of mind, I'm sure.

My deepest (pun ... ) sympathies on your disaster though: I hope insurance will help you out there.
To be woken by something like that at 05.30 AM too - the horror.

lightlover

bwcaw

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:

To be woken by something like that at 05.30 AM too - the horror.

lightlover
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
To be woken by anything at 5:30 A.M. is
a horror!
grin.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif
Siriously though
You have my deepest sypathies aabout your
boat. (just don't ask me for money
grin.gif
) Just kidding.
grin.gif
grin.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
I thought about posting:

"CFPer needs your help, yacht sunk"

I am not happy about it, but these things happen. When you are working with an old boat, expect the worst. We got it pumped out and stabilized, the interior had been stripped already, so no real damage there. Did get into my generator pretty bad, but it is running, ripped some cleats out. Insurance has already stepped up, but I am not sure it did any real damage past deductable. The moral of this story is that if you can't afford a REAL boat, don't buy an old one cheap. I learned the hard way.

Hey *something ridiculous ?, per your request I wrote you my life story down on the "curiosity about usernames" thread.

Ahoy!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, bigcozy I saw that, thanks.
I think I'll start a new topic
"The Life Stories of CPF members" and copy that post over to it. Just a place for people to write up on. Yours will be the first story
smile.gif

lightlover

bigcozy

Enlightened
Turns out it is worse than I thought. Generator is ruined, water in port engine, fried some electonics, popped a couple of seals, cleats were torn out in back ripping a foot of fiberglass each.

Surefire G2 still working.