Kogatana, who are you?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read your story from here.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001811

In addition to whatever your job is in life, obviously in charge of some law enforcement agency or something similar, you are a very skilled writer. Can/will you tells us more about exactly what it is you do and/or some sort of mini biography? Or maybe you have and I have missed it.

Were you by any chance really in Vietnam? Have you written any books? If so please give details.

Enquiring or at least this enquiring mind wants to know.

DonL

Enlightened
From what I've gathered here and at the SFDB, Kogatana is an international man of mystery, a rubber of elbows at the highest levels of business and politics, a champion of what is good and right, and an absolute scourge to ne'er-do-wells, hooligans, and scoundrels.

And yes, he does spin a mean yarn.
smile.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
[QB]...skilled writer?
That's the first time anybody has said that to me.... [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true- There was a post somewhere of yours a few weeks ago that you wrote something exceptional; something that struck me as incredibly poetic and wise.

I'm ashamed that I don't remember what it was or where you posted it, but I did make a comment that it was great.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have respect for your privacy sir... gee pondy I emailed him about three months ago and asked him the same question but he carefully evaded it... I doubt that he will tell... but thats ok he is entitiled to do so just as I am entitiled to mispell the word entitiled! (how DO you spell entitiled anyway?!?)

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Kogatana's real name is "Dirk Pitt"!
wink.gif
No, wait... "Jack Ryan". Yea, that't it.
grin.gif
"James Bond"? Awww, forget it.... I give up.
wink.gif
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>From what I've gathered here and at the SFDB, Kogatana is an international man of mystery, a rubber of elbows at the highest levels of business and politics, a champion of what is good and right, and an absolute scourge to ne'er-do-wells, hooligans, and scoundrels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silviron:
Nah, I'm thinking more the Nicolas Linnear type. (The primary hero in many Eric Lustbader books)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A ninja? Hmm...somehow doesn't quite fit..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonL:
From what I've gathered here and at the SFDB, Kogatana is an international man of mystery...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Austin Powers??? Now that's scary!
tongue.gif

<bad English accent>
Yeah, baby!
</bad English accent>

Graham
rolleyes.gif

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Quickbeam:
[QB]I think Kogatana's real name is "Dirk Pitt"!
wink.gif
No, wait... "Jack Ryan". Yea, that't it.
grin.gif
"James Bond"? Awww, forget it.... I give up.
wink.gif
wink.gif

James Bond...but the Sean Connery James Bond, not the Roger Moore one.

Aloha

JollyRoger

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bushman:
We have respect for your privacy sir... gee pondy I emailed him about three months ago and asked him the same question but he carefully evaded it... I doubt that he will tell... but thats ok he is entitiled to do so just as I am entitiled to mispell the word entitiled! (how DO you spell entitiled anyway?!?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

entitled

A couple of other often misspelled words:
definitely, not definately
existent, not existant

Sorry, just felt like being the spelling police today...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes, of course he is entitled to his privacy. I am appreciative of his informed and articulate posts. I just wished I would have saved the story before he deleted it.

By the way, I hearby ask everybody to correct any spelling mistakes I may make. A barrage of misspelled words can sometimes reduce the effectiveness of a good post. I wish the BBS had a built in spellchecker. After misspelling definitely a dozen times and having the spellchecker catch it, I finally have that word memorized.

Footlight

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
geepondy, it's definitely spelt memorised.

Glad I could be of assistance,

lightlover
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think the 's' somehow transforms itself into an 'z' as it makes it's way across the pond

BTW I have no idea who Kogatana really is, but I'd make sure I was on my best behaviour when he is around
grin.gif
(I missed the story too)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
geepondy, it's definitely spelt memorised.

Glad I could be of assistance,

lightlover
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. I will remember that one as well. I do have to ask if "spelt" is a word or is it just spelled?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

short answer; yes.
long answer;
spelt
\Spelt\, imp. & p.(-ast) p.(-articiple) of Spell. Spelled.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
Spelt is also a hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe...
------------
Spell \Spell\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spelledor Spelt; p. pr. & vb. n. Spelling.] [OE. spellen, spellien, tell, relate, AS. spellian, fr. spell a saying, tale; akin to MHG. spellen to relate, Goth. spill?n.e Spell a tale. In sense 4 and those following, OE. spellen, perhaps originally a different word, and from or influenced by spell a splinter, from the use of a piece of wood to point to the letters in schools: cf. D. spellen to spell. Cf. Spell splinter.] 1. To tell; to relate; to teach. [Obs.]
Might I that legend find, By fairies spelt in mystic rhymes. --T. Warton.
2. To put under the influence of a spell; to affect by a spell; to bewitch; to fascinate; to charm. ``Spelled with words of power.'' --Dryden.
He was much spelled with Eleanor Talbot. --Sir G. Buck.
3. To constitute; to measure. [Obs.]
The Saxon heptarchy, when seven kings put together did spell but one in effect. --Fuller.
4. To tell or name in their proper order letters of, as a word; to write or print in order the letters of, esp. the proper letters; to form, as words, by correct orthography.
The word ``satire'' ought to be spelled with i, and not with y. --Dryden.
5. To discover by characters or marks; to read with difficulty; -- usually with out; as, to spell out the sense of an author; to spell out a verse in the Bible.
To spell out a God in the works of creation. --South.
To sit spelling and observing divine justice upon every accident. --Milton.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
------------------------------------------------------------------------

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
I do have to ask if "spelt" is a word or is it just spelled?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since we've wandered completely away from the subject of this post I would like to call your attention to something both enjoyable and delicious:

SPELT

BTW, I read Kogatana's post before he deleted it, and out of respect for his privacy I won't reveal what he wrote, but I can say this: Kogatana is a deeply feeling man of honor and courage.

Brightnorm