US Members, get out and VOTE today!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though this is not a presidential election I hope that our US members are going to get out and vote today. Go show those politicians that you've been paying attention and you know who represents your interests and those of your country and who does not. Or if you've not been paying attention you can at least write in Kermit the frog, there are many races going on where he would be better suited than either of the candidates...

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I am heading out the door in just a little while to go do just that.

Good post.

Tooner

Newly Enlightened
Yes, everyone please vote today. It's your country, it's your vote, stand up and be counted. I voted last week. Glad we vote by mail in Oregon.

leduk

Enlightened
"Vote early, vote often." Attrib Nixon.

Is it possible? The often bit, that is?

Cheers

cslinger

Enlightened
Amen. Don't care what your vote is just care that you get out there and participate. Just got back from standing 45 minutes in a cold rain and another 45 minutes in doors. The least I can do for the folks who gave their blood, sweat and tears so I could do this.

Kermit the frog, there are many races going on where he would be better suited than either of the candidates...

Bleh, ain't that the truth, although I think Fozzy bear could run a hell of a campaign. 8D

cslinger

Enlightened
Ok, I care a little but not enough to force my views on anybody. I just want people to have their voices heard.......even if their voices are stupid and wrong and not like mine. :D Just kidding.

Chris

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amen Tooner! I wonder if more people vote here in Oregon because all they have to do is fill out paperwork and mail it back, vs. waiting an hour and a half in line? Either way, I like it.

Please, everyone, vote!

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure it is. Vote at every election you're eligible for, and in your life time you'll be at the polls a few dozen times and would of cast votes for a hundred individuals. Only vote in every other presidential election and only for national canidates, with no thought about your local representation and your vote will not be counted as often.

Only those on my side should vote. Those others don't know what they're talking about. :D

leduk said:
"Vote early, vote often." Attrib Nixon.

Is it possible? The often bit, that is?

Cheers

Wutda

Newly Enlightened
Voted w/ absentee ballot even though I'm in the office today. Shhhh, don't tell the boss...he doesn't know I voted absentee so maybe he'll let me out early :naughty:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Did my duty this morning. Pretty good turnout in spite of the rain today. Should be an interesting evening.

Geoff

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
went out and voted this AM, and did something I've never done before - wrote in a candidate! The local "state assemblyman" was running unopposed. I feel that should NEVER EVER happen, so I opened the little door, and wrote in my vote! Not that the person I voted for has ANY chance of winning, but at least someone else got 1 vote

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Voted right before dinner.

cthulhu2004.jpg