Quick! Which emitter would be the whitest?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting ready to order an emitter from PhotonFanatic, I would like to know which of these would be the whitest. I'm looking for the closest to snow white, new sheet of printer paper white, etc.

Available Emitters:
UX1K
UX1L
UX1N

glire

Enlightened
None of them, assuming the tint bin is independent of Vf bin. The tint is X1, so greenish for all three.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try to score a V0, W0, X0, or Y0 tint bin for the best chance of a good white. V0 is more yellowish, and Y0 more bluish. Pick your poison.

The X1 bin is dangerous. It is very large, meaning you can get a pretty green sample. Usually on high they don't look too green, but at low drive levels can appear quite greenish.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the time X1 is greenish tint, however it can also be a warm white tint. I have a U-bin with X1 tint in my Fenix L2P and it is as snow white as a good X0. It stays a lottery :)

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't why, but I prefer the X1. It really looks so natural to my eyes. Nice and creamy and easy to look at. Could just be my eyes, though....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
X0 is closet to pure white. W0 some prefer as it's a little warmer (more red) and the V0/V1 has more yellow in it. X1 recently has been pretty good, mainly yellow added in, not really green. Perhaps the yellow is more a mix of lemon-lime but very little lime to notice if that makes sense! ;)

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
I don't why, but I prefer the X1. It really looks so natural to my eyes. Nice and creamy and easy to look at. Could just be my eyes, though....

:thumbsup:...for my eyes too.:)

Best regards

____
Tom