Were buy Fenix in Pechin (Beijing)

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Hello, this week i'll go to Pechin (Beijing) to work with a theatre company, i would like to buy some Fenix flashlights, do someone knows where i could buy some Fenix flashlights in Pechin? Thanks a lot. Giovanni

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is only manufactured out of China. Incorrect info removed If there is a Fenix to be found in Beijing, you'll probably need to look in the stores that cater specifically to tourists. Wage earners in China could not even think of paying such a price for a flashlight.

Last edited:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Fenix is only manufactured out of China. The company that exports the Fenix brand is in Taiwan. If there is a Fenix to be found in Beijing, you'll probably need to look in the stores that cater specifically to tourists. Wage earners in China could not even think of paying such a price for a flashlight.
Where did you get that information? As far as I know Fenix is based in Shenzhen (China) and their products are made in China too. To know a reseller in Beijing, visit Fenixlight.com and dial the telephone number to ask it.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG! My apologies! I'm afraid I got Fenix confused with another company. But Shenzhen is just (barely) north of Hong Kong. That's quite a way from Beijing.

Erasmus said:
Where did you get that information? As far as I know Fenix is based in Shenzhen (China) and their products are made in China too. To know a reseller in Beijing, visit Fenixlight.com and dial the telephone number to ask it.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Wage earners in China could not even think of paying such a price for a flashlight.

Ummmmm. You are a bit out of date there. You may find that quite a large number of them couldn't afford it because they don't have any lose change from buying their new Merc, BMW or Rolls Royce.

Yes, there is a HUGE number of poor people in China but it's also the fastest growing economy on the planet at the moment and with 1.3 billion people, there are quite a few million that could easily afford a Fenix.

Also, don't forget that other places like the small, rural, third world country of Taiwan is well ahead of the USA when it comes to things like broadband access and public usage of technology.

I think that both you Yanks and us Brits may well be waking up in 10 years time and realising that it's us that are considered poor and rural.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're thinking of the selected few. China is still a communist economy where everyone is equal. The ones that you are thinking of are the comrades that are more equal (in Orwellian terms), or the business people of Hong Kong who have found a cheap labor resource just north of their border in Guangdong province.

The people that I was referring to are the unrecognized masses that are the actual workforce that are being exploited by the privileged classes. And the others have been living a privileged lifestyle in a country that hates China with a passion, Taiwan. But I guess when it comes to making more money by exploiting cheap labor, Taiwanese business people do not let trivial matters like political doctrines get in their way. While there may be some prosperity and some wage earners (workers) may now be able to afford automobiles, don't let it mislead you into thinking that everyone in China is prospering from the growing economy. It is still very much a country of Haves and Have-nots. And the Haves will buy a Mercedes, not a Daewoo, and a Surefire, not a Fenix.

With regards to the U.S. and the U.K., my dad said it over 40 years ago, "Just watch, the U.S. is gonna end up like England". He's gone now, but it's kind of amazing the foresight he had.

Jay R said:
Ummmmm. You are a bit out of date there. You may find that quite a large number of them couldn't afford it because they don't have any lose change from buying their new Merc, BMW or Rolls Royce.

Yes, there is a HUGE number of poor people in China but it's also the fastest growing economy on the planet at the moment and with 1.3 billion people, there are quite a few million that could easily afford a Fenix.

Also, don't forget that other places like the small, rural, third world country of Taiwan is well ahead of the USA when it comes to things like broadband access and public usage of technology.

I think that both you Yanks and us Brits may well be waking up in 10 years time and realising that it's us that are considered poor and rural.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
It is still very much a country of Haves and Have-nots.

Yes, but in a country that size, even the few haves still run to several millions.

Your father sounds like a wise man. My father gave me one of the best pieces of advice I ever learnt. " Don't pay much attention to what people say, watch what they do."

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the few haves (which are likely to number much less than you think) aren't the market that is going to buy domestic Chinese goods, they're going to flaunt their wealth by buying the brands of the Imperialist Dogs, much as other industrialized/westernized Asian cultures have done. Imagine walking down the downtown streets and seeing just about every imaginable American store and restaurant chain brand that you could think of (even regional ones) all in one city, except that the name of the city turns out to be Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, or Singapore. One thing that stood out in my mind about Singapore was walking out of Raffles or the Westin Hotel (across the street) was that there were two McDonalds on that block, on on each side of the street!) And there is no more prized possession in the country that revolutionized the motorcycle industry, than a Harley.

The bottom line is that the world's fastest growing economy is only benefitting the few, the very rich, and the foreigners (from both Taiwan and the rest of the world.) It's not doing much for the working classes who continue to be exploited, though maybe in a different way now, but exploited nonetheless.

Jay R said:
Yes, but in a country that size, even the few haves still run to several millions.

Your father sounds like a wise man. My father gave me one of the best pieces of advice I ever learnt. " Don't pay much attention to what people say, watch what they do."

flame2000

Enlightened
Don't be surprised if you find the Fenix in Beijing going for the same price as we are paying thru Fenix Store. Things in Beijing are not cheap, same goes for Shanghai. :)

taro68

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, my intention isn't to start a discussion about world economy but only to know where buy some flashlights in Beijing, for me it's only a joke to find them. I am a flashlight hunter!

daveman

Enlightened
taro68 said:
Thanks guys, my intention isn't to start a discussion about world economy but only to know where buy some flashlights in Beijing, for me it's only a joke to find them. I am a flashlight hunter!
haha...don't worry about it, Taro, they just blowing hot air, no harm done.

Greta

Flashaholic
taro68 said:

Just thought I'd repost this as a reminder to those who would turn this thread into some kind of soapbox for pontification on a topic that is soooooo.... far off-topic that is makes one queasy (both from spinning ones head and from disgust) just to read it.

Please take any further discussions of "world economy" somewhere more appropriate... ie. Underground.

Thank you.

photonhoer

Newly Enlightened
Sasha said:
Just thought I'd repost this as a reminder to those who would turn this thread into some kind of soapbox for pontification on a topic that is soooooo.... far off-topic that is makes one queasy (both from spinning ones head and from disgust) just to read it.

Please take any further discussions of "world economy" somewhere more appropriate... ie. Underground.

Thank you.

THANK YOU, SASHA!!!