Cree tint question

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I apologize for this n00b question; I did search the forums and couldn't find an answer.

How does the tint on a Cree LED compare to, say, a UXOJ Luxeon? Warmer, whiter, cooler, etc...

Thanks!

Christexan

Enlightened
Someone the other day said they are "tighter" bins than Luxeons, but I'm not sure if that was for tint, Vf, luminous flux, or all the above.

x2x3x2

Banned
from what i seen, the XR-E Crees are cooler than Luxeons.. but, havent got any greenish tinted XR-E, which are common with Luzeons.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isnt overlayed 100% exactly, but I got it close enough to see which bins are similar.

The black boxes and text are the Lumileds tint bins while the purple boxes (not the grid lines) and the red lettering represent the Cree bins. Also keep in mind that the Cree LED's are binned at 350mA, so driving them at 700mA (Luxeon III drive current) will make their tints shift slightly more bluish. They can be directly compared to a Luxeon I.

cree%20vs%20lumileds%20tint%20bins%20relabeled.gif

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of 'WG' bins. Very nice slightly warm white with no
green tinge, that I have seen all too often in some LuxIII.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
many thnx chev. i had been taking notes all week trying to figure out what you told me in seconds with that chart.