in terms of a 6D hotwire

Illum

Flashaholic
5C in a 6D mag and overdrive a standard 6D bulb....

5 new Cs would yield 10.5V in series....
the magnum star 6D bulb died at 10.5V after approx 7 seconds of straight run:ohgeez:

Using my power supply, the stock 6D krypton was driven all the way up to 11.5-12V. Lit 11.5V for awhile and died after 3 whole seconds on 12 before it blew.....
a new bulb vs a 5 second overdriven krypton [sold in two pack]

at 10.5V the krypton wasnt that bright :rant::thumbsdow:scowl::candle:, anyway...anyone know of a better bulb i could perhaps use?

at my current financial status, building a 6D ROP would be out of the question....:mecry::awman:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are dead set on the 6D I was going to suggest you ROP it. However, for the money you will spend you will most likely be better off getting a smaller light.
I ROPP'ed my 6C but only because I already had the boro lens, aluminum reflector and charger. The only other variable cost was the batteries.

Something else I did to my 6D that worked pretty well on regular alkaline batteries was to remove the plastic reflector, lens and bulb and add a glass lens and Surefire P90 bulb in their place. The pressure of the lens held it in place. Not a hot wire but much better than the stock 6D.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
i wasnt exactly looking for something new, i just have this 6D laying beside my bed...empty, someone brought up the idea of cramming 7C in 6D tube....that was about it...:ohgeez:

LED BriCK

Enlightened
I'm kind of surprised the 6 cell Mag-Num Star blew on 7 alkaline cells. I ran one on 8 NiMH's for awhile until I tried it fresh off the charger and instaflashed it. Looked good while it worked, better than the Krypton I have in there now. Maybe try it again?