Bulb burn out

Wolverine

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and enjoy the great topics on flashlight.. i never realized i knew so little!

I recently purchased the Surefire Executive Defender last week and really enjoy it... however, it stopped working!... i have tried replacing the 123A batteries as well, but to no avail it still does not work...

so, i'm guessing the next logical step would be replacing the MN03 bulb!.. but how could this be?... i know these are man made machines and there is always a chance of defective products, but man, do i have to expect to replace more frequently? or is this just a case of being a fluke.. how can i tell if it is the bulb?

yes, i admit i have been turning it on and off to see the incredible brightness of it --i probably accumulated about a total of 1 hour of turning it on/off... is this not advisable?

any advise, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Fred

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

If you replace the batteries for new SureFire SF123A or Duracell DL123A batteries and ensure that the bezel is screwed on tight, then if screwing the TailCap on tight doesn't result in the E2d lighting up then it is most likely the bulb.

If your E2d is only a week old I'm sure that once you explain this to SureFire they'll sort you out with a replacement.

I personally think its a good idea to have a spare lamp for each flashlight I have. With SureFires it has been my experience that this is not vital since the bulbs are extremely robust and last a long time.

Please let us know how you get on.

Al

bones_708

Enlightened
If you only have an hour on the bulb and you didn't drop or hit the light then if you can't get it to work I would assume a faulty bulb. I think they are rated for at least 25 hr and I've had some last for years with up to triple that before going out. Try calling surefire I've been real happy with their responce. (It's not always quick but they take pretty good care of us)