• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

27LT help...

TxTroubleMaker

Enlightened
Okay McLight gurus, I need some help... The on, off action on my 27LT hadn't felt smooth for the last few days so I figured I would clean up the threads and o-rings. The problem is that I had a momentary lapse of judgment, I used a safety pin to take the o-rings off and killed one in the process. I PM'ed Wayne to see if the Shoppe sells the o-rings and have not gotten a response from him(I'm sure they're busy with the Cree craze). So does anyone know what size these little guys are or where I can buy some? Second issue, I had been looking for a good lube for my lights and did a couple of searches here and found that Krytox seems like a good choice. I picked up some o-ring lube from my local Leslie's Pool Supply store that has Krytox in it. At first the action was buttery smooth, however when my lights sat for a bit, they were very stiff. I'm guessing that the o-rings swelled which is making one handed operation very difficult. Has anyone used this stuff and had this happen to them? Should I have just ordered the stuff that the Shoppe sells???

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey TxTroubleMaker,

I never used Krytox before, but I do recommend NYOGEL #779ZC
from Lighthound.com. Works like a charm on my lights.

If you can get the size of the O-Ring, maybe you can buy a Glow O-ring for it
from GreenLED until you can get an original :)

Just a suggestion!

Ray / Kid9P

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
Krytox 50/50 from the Shoppe works very well. A very little amount goes a long way. I highly recommend it. I used it on my Aleph 2 after the Radio Shack lube messed up the o-rings. The twist action is now very smooth - I can twist it easily using only my thumb.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The Krytox 50/50 sold at the Shoppe is perfect for McGizmo lights as it is less sticky than the Nyogel.
IMHO at least.
bernie