Wife is a believer now...

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my wife knows that I am a flashlight nut but really didnt think much about lights for herself. So I bought her the Fenix Dart for her keychain and the QIII for her purse. She does plastic suregery recovery and while recovering a patient the POWER WENT OUT!!! She used the Dart to find her way to the QIII and the rest as they say is history. She called and told me that she was so grateful for having the light and thanked be for making sure she was prepared. I win the husband of the month award :lolsign:
I say that buys be the right for at least two more lights!!!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Nice job, Choppers! I'm sure that the patient was grateful also.

SoCal? Plastic Surgery? I didn't know they did any of that there... ;)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife is a nurse at a nursing home and she has several times so far had to use the RR button cell keychain light on her cart keys to make her way to her bag and get the headlamp in it. She has converted a half a dozen others to carry a headlamp as they find them to be tghe handiest thing for passing meds, patient care and doing paperwork in a power outage. They think every nurse and aide should have one available.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Cool! My wife (ICU nurse) denies she cares one bit about her lights! (SF G2, Fenix L1P + red/blue coincell light from Lighthound)
But she does admit to using the coincell lights at every nightwatch*, using her G2 to scare off a druggie trying to get into the ward at night, etc.
So yeah, she doesn't care if she has them or not!:whistle:
*She says that a low powered red light is extremely useful for checking at patients at night without waking them up!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife (also, a nurse) first got a Firefli Zinc Air keychain light, then a 21 LED flashlight, then a Fenix L1P, then a photon light to replace her Firefli light (all from me). She still has those and now my LOP, which she just loves (she keeps it around her neck, at work), and just a few nights ago I gave her my old Jil 1.3w TWOH (I offered it, and she said she needed it!).

Last edited:

Danbo

Enlightened
Believe it or not, my wife give me less crap about the flashlights, than she does about all the knives I buy. But, she would never spend the kind of money I have on Surefires, etc...

Still, it does appear that she has confiscated my new Inova XO. ;) :)

X Racer

Enlightened
Danbo said:
Believe it or not, my wife give me less crap about the flashlights, than she does about all the knives I buy. But, she would never spend the kind of money I have on Surefires, etc...

Still, it does appear that she has confiscated my new Inova XO. ;) :)

At least she's being easy on you. My wife confiscated one of my PDs and she loves it...

I think every woman should have a Fenix L0P and an Atwood Tactical Whistle on her keychain...

Chopper

Newly Enlightened
I myself am a nursing supervisor working mostly nights. I carry a Dorcy 1 CR123 in my pocket and a 2AAA mini mag with the LED upgrade in my clipboard. I also have the 2AA with the LED in my backpack (just in case). I've surprised a few of the staff with the brightness of the 2AAA. During a recent storm (and subsequent power outages) I lent a fellow supervisor my 2AAA and she loved it...a little better than the $.99 plastic 2Ds they supply us here for emergencies.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Great story Choppers.

It is always a great thing when people are instantly won over by having a Light when it is most needed.

All My Best,
John

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sixpointone said:
Great story Choppers.

It is always a great thing when people are instantly won over by having a Light when it is most needed.

All My Best,
John
Thanks, it helps too when that person is the wife and experiences first hand your addiction!:lolsign: