Can you use a MagLed 2D in candle mode?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if you can, how will it it affect the water resistancy?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you take the head off, would it make the module and the bulb holder vulnerable to water? Not to mention the nice little well that the light head becomes to retain water, when the head is removed. Basically the light would have no water resistancy.

Lobo said:

z96Cobra

Enlightened
Lobo said:

The light will work with the head removed, but the tailcap/body will not fit inside of the head like the 2 AA version. I assume that is what you are asking!?!?! And there will be NO "water resistancy" with the head removed on either light.

Roger

rpage53

Newly Enlightened
z96Cobra said:
The light will work with the head removed, but the tailcap/body will not fit inside of the head like the 2 AA version.
Yes it will. They even show Candle Mode on the back of the packaging. Definitely not for use in the rain though.

Rick.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would need to remove the reflector from the head assembly before using it like a candle. You can also do that with the Mag clone, LEDBeam lights as well.

z96Cobra said:
The light will work with the head removed, but the tailcap/body will not fit inside of the head like the 2 AA version. I assume that is what you are asking!?!?! And there will be NO "water resistancy" with the head removed on either light.

Roger

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost forgot that I asked this question. Really don't remember what I was thinking about. Something about saving a couple of bucks by using a maglite for nightfishing in a boat, and also use it as a lantern. But thanks for the answeres, realised it wouldn't be such a good solution, water and all.

wwglen

Enlightened
Get a white plastic cap/cup/bottle that fitsover the end of the head of the light.

This will cause the plactic to glow and light up like a lantern.

wwglen

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can find it, a white traffic wand is perfect for this purpose, but it's kind of hard to find a white traffic wand, they're usually in blue, red, or yellow, and I would imagine that it is even tougher to find in Sweden.

wwglen said:
Get a white plastic cap/cup/bottle that fitsover the end of the head of the light.

This will cause the plactic to glow and light up like a lantern.

wwglen