Quick Firefox, how to undo view in IE?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try here before looking for Firefox forums. While using Firefox, I did the view in IE option for a web page and now it does it every time. Turns out the problem wasn't Firefox and now I want to undo the view in IE but I don't see any options saying how to do so.

drizzle

Enlightened
Is it possible that IE stole back the "default browser" setting? I have used the view in IE option several times and have never encountered what you describe.

Anyway, let us know what you find out. I'm very curious about this.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know drizzle. It's been so long I can't remember but maybe when first viewing the page in Firefox, I checked off something like always view this in IE. I'm wondering if I used the default settings or installed a third party extension for viewing IE pages. I'm wondering if it might actually be a Firefox registry setting?

Last edited:

drizzle

Enlightened
Try this:

Select Tools then Extensions. In the window that comes up find "IE View" and highlight it then select the Options button. A window should come up with a list of pages to be permanently viewed in IE.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drizzle, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I thought IE view was an core part of Firefox, not an add-on. I went to tools, Add-ons and highlighted IE view and clicked properties where within there was a list of pages to be viewed in IE that you could delete or add to. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I'm very pleased with Firefox, especially the adblock plus in which you "subscribe" to a list of ads that I assume is updated. I just stick with the easy list but it really seems to do a good job.