40 minute Black Out

Reaper

Enlightened
We just had a 40 minute power outage thanks to a crew of night working electricians. Out came my Blaster II, Fenix P-1, Fenix L1P, minimag w/Q3L and my new Huntlight FT-02x. Guess which one was of the most use? The Q3L with it's fairly bright flood beam. No one in the family really cared for the lights with the brighter but tighter center beam and to tell you the truth - neither did I. The flood really brightens up a whole room. Guess I have a good reason to order the U-bin sammie now.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blackout was good for a testrun then. Did you use any of the tighter spotted beams in ceiling bounce mode for a better room illuminator?

Reaper

Enlightened
Yes I did. Did everything that you've always wanted to during a blackout. Up, down, around and under anything and everything. Even went outside and blinded my neighbor who had a yellowish mag. type light. Had so much fun that my daughter threatened to have me commited. Seriously, I've always thought that really bright tight beam lights were the way to go. Not anymore. Floods definately have their places.