ultrafire wf-501b surefire compatable?

DrifT3R

Enlightened
Hi,
To what extent is this light compatable with Surefire parts. Ie. What will and will not fit? I heard that the lamps are the same.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Does anybody have this light? If so, can you tell me how do I open it up to access the light engine?

Thanks,
- Vikas

Kraid

Enlightened
Hi,
To what extent is this light compatable with Surefire parts. Ie. What will and will not fit? I heard that the lamps are the same.

Lamps only. But the Ultrafires have ugly beams.

Does anybody have this light? If so, can you tell me how do I open it up to access the light engine?

Thanks,
- Vikas

The head that you can screw off the battery tube should untwist itself in the middle.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
As far as I can I can see, the head is one piece and there is nothing to untwist in the middle.

All I can guess is that the light engine is dropped from the top and then the glass lense is force fitted from top.

- Vikas

mdocod

Flashaholic
the bezel should unscrew, none of the body parts will be interchangable with any other brands, but you should find a relatively standarddized D26 module within, which means it has some room for upgrades, some might fit some might not, kind of a crap shoot with the UF.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Thank you! The bezel fits so beautifully that I just could not believe it would unscrew. Now that I have opened it, I see that it looks like a standard drop-in modules. I thought these are called P60 compatible but you said this is D26. Do they have same mechanicals?

- Vikas

Latest posts