Inova T4 died

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night my trusty T4 failed me. it went dead blinked then died.:awman: I didn't think it needed charging but I charged it anyway and after 5 min it was recharged. then it worked now dead.

havand

Enlightened
tsask said:
Last night my trusty T4 failed me. it went dead blinked then died.:awman: I didn't think it needed charging but I charged it anyway and after 5 min it was recharged. then it worked now dead.

Sorry to hear that :/ My dad complains that the one I bought for him when they first came out just blinks off with no warning.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks everybody

I'll let you know what happens
i did baby that light and it did not get extended run times more than 5 min a pop

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats never happened to mine thats weird?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks again for the info

I went to that link provided here:goodjob: and read some of the suggestions for INOVA. I read that the light is slid down into the charger tailcapfirst the the head locking in place. earlier the charger was blinking telling me it was fully charged only to crap out again. Since I placed it in the charger properly and left it alone for a few hours I the saw the charger blinking. I turned on the light and it worked> I left it on for 15-20 min and all was well. Then I turned it on again and it worked. now it's back resting in the charger!
I really appreciate the help. I was really bummed out when it died as I was boasting about its power and the wonders of LED lighting to an avaition/ corporate lear jet technician.:awman:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsask-

You might be a little confused about the operation of your T4 charger. A blinking blue light does not indicate a fully charged light. It indicates a faulty contact between light and charger contacts.

You should have a solid blue light while charging. Depending on the age of your T4, you will either have no light or a green light when light is fully charged.

Make sure to follow Inova's procedure for inserting the flashlight in the cradle. Also make sure the contacts on both are clean.

You may have never fully charged your light. Consult your instructions and try again.

Mark