KL3 Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen to many threads lately on what I consider a under appreciated light. I'm talking about my KL3. This is the newer version without the fresnel rings. When I first got it I put it on my 9P and used it for a while and thought this is pretty cool, great medium range throw and 7 hours of regulated runtime. After using it on the trail at night I wasn't impressed with its usefulness as the glare of the tightly focused beam on anything within 3 meters was painful to dark adapted eyes. So after the 1st battery set it stayed in my spare parts bin collecting dust.

Then I got a FM64 beamshaper and suddenly this was one of the most practical trail lights I have. As previously mentioned it is a great intermediate thrower. But with the beamshaper I now have a soft flood good for night walking. With the FM64 attached it is not very pocketable and is rather hideous to look at. But it offers both inclose flood and medium range throw. A great compromise.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
kelmo - For your reading pleasure (and we'll lock this one to continue in any of the ones you pick).

BTW - the F70 beamshaper is far more streamlined on the KL3!

I really should merge some of those threads, eh?! :thinking:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.