Donald Rumsfeld Has Resigned

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donald Rumsfeld has resigned. I don't want to stir up a political debate, just want to pass on the news to those who haven't heard it yet.

Last edited:

cslinger

Enlightened
Well I personally would like to spur a nasty, two fisted, shameless, mudslinging political debate.................you know because I haven't had enough of that over the past couple months............I think I miss the commercials.......could be withdrawl........I think I have the shakes. :D

J/K

RebelRAM

Enlightened
FWIW, my wife and I just got back from a vacation in Florida a couple weeks ago. We concluded the mud slinging ads on TV in Florida are much more entertaining and funny than the ones we have in Alabama.

Ah well, for those of you suffering from withdrawal on the mud slinging ads, you only have to wait about a year or so before they start again :crackup:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
:awman: Damn... He was one of the few I actually liked. I have no opinion on what he was doing or how well he was doing it, I just liked him. Didn't seem to me to be a politition, brutaly honest when he could be and didn't take any crap. To bad he was inthe wrong place at the wrong time. I wonder if anyone could have done his job better, or if the new guy can... make everyone happy. :grin2:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Anyone consider that his reasons for resigning may not have been political at all? After all, he is well into his 70s and just might feel like not dealing with the daily grind anymore.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
That's could be true, he did try two other times but GW wouldn't let him leave... That must have been an uncomfortable situation. :sweat:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtr1962 said:
Anyone consider that his reasons for resigning may not have been political at all? After all, he is well into his 70s and just might feel like not dealing with the daily grind anymore.

Well...timing is everything and this was this week's editorial in the Army Times, Air Force Times, Navy Times, and Marine Corps Times...this is the link to the Army Times:
http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-2333360.php

I think this has more to do with it than anything else...

JM-99