Kroma very cool

Flashlight Enthusiast
got the new kroma from www.tadgear.com a first its a little weird with the control, but after its easy from when i talked to surefire on low its rated at 1.4 lumens not 15 and a run time of 20 hours it is bright but i still love my u2 more

surefire, e1, e2d,g2, 9p, u2, kroma, M6 / inova, x1,x5,x0,x03,t4,t5, 24/7, night ops gladius, princeton tec surge, shockwave 2 and led model , uk led zoom light , petzl, zipka plus , tikka plus , myo, black diamond , zion, and more

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CFP!

The Kroma is more like the A2 than the U2. The U2 is a very different flashlight.
Are you going to carry your new K2 for a while to get to know it better? I'd be interested to learn whether your opinion changes after a month for example.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Al :)

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I agree with Size15's comment that the K2 seems more like an evolved A2 than an evolved U2. The A2 has a set of secondary LEDs (available in various colors) in addition to the primary incan, the K2 has a set of secondary red and blue LEDs (plus yellow-green and IR for the MilSpec ones) in addition to the primary white LED. The A2 offers two different beam patterns, a more diffused beam with the LEDs and a long throwing beam from the primary incan, the K2 also offers two different beam patterns, a more diffused beam with the secondary LEDs and a longer throwing, focused beam from the primary LED due to the TIR optic.

The U2 does not offer the different color LEDs, nor does it have the different beam patterns available to it.

I have both a U2 and a K2 and I carry them both, precisely because I feel that they are very different lights. While the body and switching mechanisms (the rotating ring in the head, not the tailcap) are similar, that is where I feel the similarities end. They feel like very different lights to me as far as usage goes.