uhoh- aragorn's gone wireless!

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Re: uhoh- aragorn\'s gone wireless!

aragorn Darrel is making a reference to his cable modem and DL speed.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aragon wireless......boy...somehow that seems scarey. Don't know why, it just does. Sorta like Darell with a faster connection, & an unlimited supply of coffee.
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
TX
wavey.gif
(Hi there Darell...
smile.gif
)

Darell

Flashaholic

Damn Tex. You just keep popping up everywhere, dontcha? Your little wavey smiley guy makes me laugh out loud every time.

Trevor - Yeah, I wasn't the most clear. Anybody else notice that I get like that on Friday's mostly? What I meant was that I think my fast DSL connection is too damn slow most of the time. A wireless connection would make me faint. When I'm forced to use dialup, I typically just stay offline.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, the first 2 years or so I started using the internet, all I had was a 14.4Kbps modem - which was fast for the time. I thought I was in heaven when I managed to get a 28.8kb one. Of course, now I have 1.5Mb DSL, so you won't catch me complaining much.

Although - 100Mb fiber optic connections to the internet are relatively cheap/common in Tokyo now - I get guys calling me at work every other week trying to sell me one..

Graham

PS - no offence to Trevor, but you won't catch me trading my M4 for a cheap PDA - although I could be tempted with a blue laser..

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Trevor, I have the Jornada 548, but not the wireless modem. How well does it work? I usually use Avantgo when I sync up to my computer and download entire web sites I do about 1500 pages every sync. Although that would not work for CPF because it's not instantly and wirelessly updateable when it's not in the cradle. I mostly download news and text sites.

You can get a full copy of Doom for free for the 520. If you want it, let me know and I'll try to remember where I got it or send it to you if I still have the install program. I have it on my 548 and it plays pretty smooth.
smile.gif

Latest posts