Stupid Person Of The Week Award

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
...and this week's award goes to some dim bulb who rented a Cessna and flew it over Safeco Field in Seattle during a ball game with the intention of detonating a bag of creamated human ashes 1,500 feet overhead.

The detonator misfired, and the bag of ashes ripped open & fell off the bottom of the plane, rocketing towards the crowd and striking the roof outside right center field; all while trailing a huge cloud of greyish white powder like a comet.

Haz mat crews were called out and the south Seattle neighborhood was evacuated on the fear that it was an Anthrax release. I guess the guy who did this hasn't been watching the news since... oh, about... LAST SUMMER!!!

He's going to have a lot of explaining to do when the FAA, CIA, secret service, and various other security agencies come-a-knocking.
tongue.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
That made the news over here too.
Except that the report didn't make clear that it was actually during a match.

Oh my, what a silly thing to do ......

Craig, were you at that one ? It must have been very worrying.

lightlover

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
poor guy.

gee- it sure is a good thing none of us have acted in a sttupid impulsiive way ever in our lives. iv done things with mygreenie tthat really put me in no position to pass judgment on the cts of others

but what i wouldn't give to be a bug on th wall when he gets invited to visit ol' dubya for a it of anexplantion
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:

Craig, were you at that one ? It must have been very worrying.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't been to a game since Opening Day. If my cameras would stop blowing up maybe I'd have money to buy a ticket now and again.
smile.gif
I'm still hoping to get to a night game before the season is out so I can test a few of these lights in real-time.
tongue.gif

Just have to watch for that pesky white powder falling out of the sky. :-0

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *THE REFORMED*Aragorn:
craig- how much does a ticket run? just curious .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halfway decent seats are $23, not including the program ($2), a Pepsi ($4), or any food you buy on the way in and & smuggle inside the park.
tongue.gif

Security will let you bring in your own food, but not drinks.

Seats in the nosebleed section way out in right center field (bring 10x50 binoculars) are $15, and the good seats in the 100 level are around $40. The ones I get tend to be in between the two extremes. A bit high up, but behind home plate rather than in the outfield.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
...and this week's award goes to some dim bulb who rented a Cessna and flew it over Safeco Field in Seattle during a ball game with the intention of detonating a bag of creamated human ashes 1,500 feet overhead.
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they say whether it was just the remains of one human or not? I would assume it was just one but the way you describe it, it sounds like more.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
It just shows how easy something more deadly can actually happen, I read Tom Clancy's "The Sum of all Fears" years ago when it was first released, the movie is due sometime soon, it should really get people talking....

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Did they say whether it was just the remains of one human or not? I would assume it was just one but the way you describe it, it sounds like more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was supposedly just one. I don't know how large a bag would be needed to hold the ashes of one person, but it was big enough to leave a comet tail on the way down and blow up in a poofy cloud when it hit the roof.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *THE REFORMED*Aragorn:
so in short- how much do you generally pay to go to the ball game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said earlier, $23 to get in, $2 for a program, $4 for a pop to sip on, and a few bucks for munchies to smuggle in. So I figure around $35 for a day at the park if I don't buy any souvenirs.

Is there a MLB team & a ballpark anywhere close to your location? Thinking of seeing a Mariners game on your next trip west?