Vintage ROP & Son of Vintage ROP...

missionaryman

Enlightened
The CPF was running out of modified vintage lights... so I thought I'd buld some more.

Shown are two ROP's one a Rayovac 2D (running 3854H) the other a tiny USA Lite 2C (running 3854L) beside a 2C maglite.

They are very cool:

1stvintageROPs.jpg

And here they are running, the low beam is running off 3 x 123A - for those thinking of using primary 123A's for a ROP low I reccomend you don't, have a look at the voltage sag after 2 minutes:

1stvintageROPson.jpg
1stvintageROPson1min.jpg

thanks for looking

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job! I have the same bulletnose flashlight running 6AA with a FM holder.It rivals my mag runninga wa1331!
What setup are you using for the d cell light?

Niteowl

Enlightened
I hadn't seen a 2C bullet yet, very nice. Got a thing for the 2C's. Anybody know if Ray-O-Vac made one?

I've been putting off posting my vintage sleeper, I'll probably post it in the Incandescent Forum.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Paul6ppca said:
Nice job! I have the same bulletnose flashlight running 6AA with a FM holder.It rivals my mag runninga wa1331!
What setup are you using for the d cell light?
2 x 18650 in an ertalon tube machined for a C cell in the 2D light - it's got paper wrapped around it which I don't like. I'll soon change it to 4 x 18500 protected cells in series parallel for 3000mah. The 2 18mm cells slip straight in side by side.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for trying the ROP LOW bulb with 3X123 primaries! I made a couple of threads about this awhile ago and some folks thought it should work fine and others warned against it. You're results show that ROP LOW bulbs with 3X123 primaries ARE NOT the way to go. Thanks again.

missionaryman

Enlightened
Gene said:
Thanks for trying the ROP LOW bulb with 3X123 primaries! I made a couple of threads about this awhile ago and some folks thought it should work fine and others warned against it. You're results show that ROP LOW bulbs with 3X123 primaries ARE NOT the way to go. Thanks again.
I'm now running it on2 x 14500 just until i get some 18500's. Much whiter light now.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
missionaryman
I just ordered 2 18650 from e electronics.net,great place to deal with and great prices! I paid half for protected 2200mah cell vs other places .