Led Circuit vs voltage RE Hunt ft01

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading that Huntlight ft01 can take voltage between 3 and 9 volt.So my quetion is will it be brighter on 2 Rcr123 than a r 18650? Or will the circuit act as a boost and give the same level of brightness.Is it some kind of buck/boost circuit?

Will these work as well,I am comcerned with using 2 cells due to thier pastfires/exploding and I am looking for the best option.Safety first runtime/brightness 2nd!

These are new generation R123 with safe chemistry that will not vent with flames ( explode ). The key to this safety feature is that no oxygen will be released from the oxide structure of the cell composition even under abused conditions. No oxygen means no pressure built up and fuel for combustion. Can be used in series on multi-cell appliactions.

Specifications :

Nominal Voltage : 3.2V
Capacity : 500mAH
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.0V
Standard Charge : CC 250mA CV 3.6V
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Weight : 16.5g

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a buck circuit. A 3V cell will underdrive it. A 3.7V Li-Ion cell is enough to drive the LED. Output is fairly similar on various input voltages (as long as it's greater than the VF of the LED), which suggests it has a sense that adjusts either pulse width or frequency to maintain the current or voltage.