Surefire A2 to the rescue.

clipse

Enlightened
At my father-in-laws house, his has a neighbor that has a dog that isn't on a leash. Everytime we leave that dogs comes running right at us. You have to stand your ground or the dog will attack. One night it was really dark and I had my Surefire A2 Aviator on me. We, stepped outside and I noticed that it was unussually calm outside. That coupled with the fog was pretty eery. My wife and I took a few steps off the front porch and I heard the barking. Since it was so calm, the barking seemed louder than usual. The was no wind to drown out the sounds. I pulled my A2 as quickly as possible, hit the switch and instant beam of light right on that dog. The dog actually yelped. I guess his eyes were adapted to the night and when he got hit by almost 90 lumens of intense light, it hurt and freaked him out. He qiuckly ran home. That was three weeks ago. My father-in-law said that, that dog has not bothered them since.

clipse

clipse

Enlightened
Gromulus said:
If the A2 didn't work than a .40 Glock would do the trick. :)

I had my Ruger SP101 2 1/2" .357 on me at the time. I've grown very very used to dogs. I've yet to be bit except when I deserved it. Still, I'm glad the flashlight worked and I didn't have to resort to the .357.

clipse

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar occurence just the other night. I always take my trash out on Sunday night. I usually either use my Minimag or my newly acquired Surefire 9N for lighting. It gets pretty dark on the side of house. Anyway there are always loose dogs in my neighborhood. My neighbor's dog has always shown aggressive behavior to me and my wife. I had my back turned to the street and all of a sudden I heard some growling. Luckily I had my Surefire 9N set on high and blasted this d@mn dog right in the face with a wall of light. He immediately freaked out and ran away. The 140 lumens of light from my Surefire showed him who not to mess with. I plan on using my Surefire 9N more often for this task.