Pool - when will Darell hit 2000 posts?

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, as I post this, the CPF Mad Poster (Darell, that is..) is now at 1823 posts. I say he'll hit 2000 on or before June 5.

How about the rest of you?

Graham

aso

Enlightened
June 15,

ARC cow god willing
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

remuen

Enlightened
As Darell is still in bed he didn't post for the last few hours.

But as soon as he will see this thread he will never sleep again until he hits the 2000. So at least 15 posts per day will be a good average. Graham, I think you're right with on or before June 5

Btw, have you noticed our 'fastest' newbie? MrBulk (member no 1590) is member since April 22 and already has written 324 posts ...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point, René..

I could have named the topic "Don't read this, Darell" or something, but I somehow think it wouldn't have had the desired effect..

Maybe this makes it more interesting - the challenge exists to avoid giving Darell a reason to post...not that he needs one, most of the time..
tongue.gif

Graham

aso

Enlightened
did anyone notice that darell woke up and is shooting for 20 posts/day?
tongue.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Holy crap!

Been a while since Graham started one of these. Sheesh, you try to sleep off a late night of Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, and you wake up to this? I haven't even made it 1/4 of the way down the active list, and I'm running out of free "fun" time for the day. And suddenly WHAM, I see this thing...

I remember back in the good ol' days when I could keep up with all the threads that interested me. It just can't happen anymore. Dang, but this place has gotten big!

So what does Graham have me at? 15/day to reach the goal? Everybody else go long, and I'll hold back... Unless, of course, Graham is offering up a nice T-shirt to commemorate the big event. What ever happened to my big prize at 1k?

As the weather gets warmer, my butt spends less time in the chair...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
What ever happened to my big prize at 1k?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Darell, Your prize was they let you hang around for 2K.
wavey.gif
TX
xyxthumbs.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Ah. I get it now. Who's "they" though?

I think it is more like "put up" with my staying, of you wanted to be accurate.

Well, I see my little friend Graham is finally getting his much-deserved beauty rest now. He seems to like starting these things at a time that is convenient in Japan...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, of course. Someone has to keep you USAians honest, and remind you that the US of A isn't the centre of the universe.
grin.gif

T shirt? Oh yeah, the "I did 1000 posts on CPF and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirt.

I thought I mentioned that for Chris M. hitting 1000, not Darell...

Maybe we could update it to "I did 1000 on-topic posts on CPF and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"...
tongue.gif

Graham

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, how do you explain this to your wife? You must spend a large part of each day reading the forums and responding. I'm not married and I don't tell girls I know about the forum or any hope of a future relationship would probably end in a hurry.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:

I thought I mentioned that for Chris M. hitting 1000, not Darell...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably was. I don't see why that should exclude MY shirt though....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Maybe we could update it to "I did 1000 on-topic posts on CPF and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"...
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yikes. That would take me right out of the running, huh? I'm onto your devious little plan, mister.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy:
Darell, how do you explain this to your wife? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
First off, she gave up all hope long ago, and realizes she's stuck with me. Second, since I take care of our daughter, my wife understands that I NEED contact with adults in the oustside world to stay sane. The fact that I instill insanity in the rest of the CPF membership is of no concern to her.

Plus it is something I can do when I should be sleeping, so it doesn't cut into her schedule too much...

And for those of you voting in the pool, you should know that I'll be away from the computer for a solid week between now and Graham's guess...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Second, since I take care of our daughter, my wife understands that I NEED contact with adults in the oustside world to stay sane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now isn't that the truth. I can totally understand why women, even with kids, want to work away from home. Forums are a good sub. My life would be much more boreing without it. TX

Darell

Flashaholic
My life would certainly be a lot darker.
tongue.gif

Some of the friendships I've made on the CPF are amazing. It really is a great group we've got here.

Latest posts