• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 1st gen. Dorcy AAA modded with Wahwang (SMJLED) 4-die LED

Gadget_Guru

Newly Enlightened
SOLD SOLD SOLD! (in one hour)

Howdy all,

I have one first-generation Dorcy 1AAA LED flashlight for sale. It has the desirable conventional reflector/lens. Current Dorcy 1AAA lights have an optic that concentrates the beam, leaving little "spill".

There are a few small scratches on the lens, but nothing that will significantly affect beam quality. The anodizing on the light is in nice condition. It has been used very little- I found it recently with the original battery, still in usable condition.

I removed the nasty, dim, purplish original 5mm LED and replaced it with a Wahwang 5mm four-die LED. The Wahwang is thought to be identical to the SMJLED. It was "cut-down" at the factory, to direct more of the light toward the flashlight's reflector. The Dorcy drives the Wahwang at around it's 80mA rating with a fresh battery, I believe. You won't believe the difference between the stock Dorcy and this modded one.

The new LED makes the beam much whiter than before, but it does still have a definite bluish tint, like almost all 5mm "white" LEDs. The beam is much brighter and more even, with a hotspot that measures about twice as bright as stock, and a spill that is much brighter, too.

I will post beamshots here later, if desired.

Price is $15.00, 1st class postage included. I accept PayPal, money orders and personal checks.

Darron R. Birgenheier
Brantingham, NY
[email protected]
315-348-8787

These are photos of the actual light I am offering:
a.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 1st gen. Dorcy AAA modded with Wahwang (SMJLED) 4-die LED

I'll take it! Please PM me your PP address!

PJD

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 1st gen. Dorcy AAA modded with Wahwang (SMJLED) 4-die LED

:paypal: Thanx!

PJD