Dead 6P

Buffalohump

Enlightened
For some reason that I cannot begin to fathom my 6P just gave up on me tonight. I tried the spare P-60 that I have and that also gave no results. I've tried everything I can think of with no joy. The batts still have juice in them... I dunno, its beyond me.

The dilemma I have now is this: do I get the replacement drop-in LED lamp that shoves out 50 lumens (according to Lighthound) or do I replace the entire light with something that will cost the same amount of $$$, like a Huntlight FT1 for example? I've just recently bought a G&P bezel for the light as well... bloody shame really.

Any thoughts?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's really not a lot to one of those lights, its just a simple circuit that needs to be completed. Are you sure that your spare lamp assembly is good (it should illuminate if you apply 4.5-6V to each of the poles on the lamp assembly. If the lamp assembly is good and the light still won't work, it sounds like it might be time to avail yourself to Surefire's warranty.

Buffalohump said:
For some reason that I cannot begin to fathom my 6P just gave up on me tonight. I tried the spare P-60 that I have and that also gave no results. I've tried everything I can think of with no joy. The batts still have juice in them... I dunno, its beyond me.

The dilemma I have now is this: do I get the replacement drop-in LED lamp that shoves out 50 lumens (according to Lighthound) or do I replace the entire light with something that will cost the same amount of $$$, like a Huntlight FT1 for example? I've just recently bought a G&P bezel for the light as well... bloody shame really.

Any thoughts?

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Man, do I feel like an idjit...

Turns out it was the batts. I tested them in my X0 but as was pointed out to me, the LED light will still get juice out of them when an incan won't.

So I plugged a fresh set in and bingo!

Man, what a relief. Thought I was out two P-60 lamp assemblies in one night...

Boy, that 6P sucks juice fast... thank 'the spirit that moves in all things' for LED!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the same thing happen to me with a G2 Nitrolon. I thought something had gone
wrong too. Battery low on an incan, Poof! Not like an LED.

Latest posts