Turboheads....

Doug

Enlightened
Could someone please explain the difference between all the models? Someone have a side by side of all of them? I have a couple of LED towers, so, I am looking for heads to use, and, do they fit the C serise bodies (I have an L5 right now)... thanks...

Doug

carrot

Flashaholic
What you want is a KT1, which fits C-series bodies. The KT2 is exactly the same but comes with a 9v lamp.

The KT3 is for the 9AN, KT4 for the M3, KT5 for the 8AX/8NX.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
There's so much to be said about TurboHeads and I've posted about them many times before.

Since you're talking about using an aftermarket LED module I guess a standard KT TurboHead is going to be the best one. The KT1 or KT2 are kits for standard body two-SF123A bodies (6P etc) and three-SF123A bodies (9P etc) since the only difference between the KT1 kit and the KT2 kit is the lamp assembly supplied.

Al

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
do You plan to bore out a Turbohead to get the led through?
:Mad71:
but the one for 9N offers enough space (9mm diameter).
A Luxeon emitter can be mounted to an aluminum rod this thick and fitted inside the head
(i`m about doing this just now)

dunno whats with this KT1 carrot told is Your model

Size15's

Flashaholic
The T3 TurboHead only fits on the 9N so unless you have a 9N and the very difficult to find T3 I still think its better to make using of the L5/C2/M2 body and use a KT TurboHead.

Al

Doug

Enlightened
Now that I think about it, I will be using another body, as I want it all to be black ... would like to use a 2 stage tail, I have a 2 stage for a C tail (for the L5), I guess I could us any C body then... hmm... which bodies are C compatible? How much bigger is M? I believe I saw an adaptor (from C to M), but that would be crazy if I went from a E body to a E2C adaptor to a C2M adaptor then to the turbohead! HAHA