newbie, rechargeable tips.

richstag

Enlightened
I just received a tigerlight fbop with premium battery. I have had an ultra stinger for a while but do not care about it much. I have a ton of mag lights and a few surfire tactical lights. I am very uninformed when it comes to care of rechargeable lights. I have the fast charger and slow charger for the tigerlight. Anyone who can give me any tips on how to take the best care of my new light will be greatly appreciated.
Kevin

richstag

Enlightened
oh and also, how can you make sure that it came with the premium pack? Sorry for the questions, just sick of searching and getting mainly crap for answers.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
as soon as You notice a big reduction in light, stop using it.
One of the cells of the pack is depleted, time to use the charger.
Never recharge half depleted Ni-Mh packs (in a hurry, ok, but not every time)

As for pack "quality". I have 9N and 8X models.
The original packs aren`t this good.
Usually I get 7.2 Volts remote-control vehicles packs (up to 4000 mAh by now --> 1 h 20-30 mins for 9N), cut them in half, add connectors (when for the 8X model) and wrap everything in shrink tube.
Works fine

richstag

Enlightened
Never recharge half depleted Ni-Mh packs (in a hurry, ok, but not every time)
so i should let it get to the point where it just starts to go dim, stop using it and charge. It would be a bad idea to use for a few minutes and throw it on the charger?

sorry for my ignorance.

richstag

Enlightened
Did I ask a STUPID question? I was hoping that I would get more of a response. If I am on the wrong forum to ask these kind of questions, can someone refer me to another forum? Just thought the guys here would be extremely helpful.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might try a charging post on the batter/charging section. Jim Sexton and Silver Fox are two forum guys who really know this stuff. I think you can recharge NiMH cells from any partial discharge level, that's their big advantage over NiCad cells.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
richstag said:
Did I ask a STUPID question? I was hoping that I would get more of a response. If I am on the wrong forum to ask these kind of questions, can someone refer me to another forum? Just thought the guys here would be extremely helpful.

Hello richstag and welcome to CPF:)

The most of the people here are extremely helpful. But between your 2 posts were only a time frame of 21 minutes.

Like you said, you was on the wrong forum, not on a chat.:grin2:

Best regards

_____
Tom

richstag

Enlightened
Long John said:
Hello richstag and welcome to CPF:)

The most of the people here are extremely helpful. But between your 2 posts were only a time frame of 21 minutes.

Like you said, you was on the wrong forum, not on a chat.:grin2:

Best regards

_____
Tom

I realize this is true. Sorry about it. I am so used to the automotive forum I am on. They usually respond as soon as they see a new thread. I posted in the General Discussion area because I thought more people might have been viewing.

Thanks for the welcome.