Rechargeable AA Batteries? OK to Use in Inova Radiant??

flash44

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an INOVA Radiant 2xAA to replace my minimags. I know the manufacturer doesn't endorse using rechargeables in their lights, but since I have a set of rechargeable AA batteries to begin with, I could save some money if I can use them without damaging the light. Has anyone used rechargeable batteries in their INOVA Radiant lights without problems?

Should work fine, but these lights can REALLY squeeze out every bit of power from batteries and this isn't good for NiMH, so don't discharge them all the way.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
flash44 said:
I just bought an INOVA Radiant 2xAA to replace my minimags. I know the manufacturer doesn't endorse using rechargeables in their lights, but since I have a set of rechargeable AA batteries to begin with, I could save some money if I can use them without damaging the light. Has anyone used rechargeable batteries in their INOVA Radiant lights without problems?
flash44,

Speaking of the Inova Radiant 2AA, how do you like it? Is it bright? Is it worth of the money? They have a lot of these at Fry's Electronics.

Thanks.

-lightUup

flash44

Newly Enlightened
lightUup said:
flash44,

Speaking of the Inova Radiant 2AA, how do you like it? Is it bright? Is it worth of the money? They have a lot of these at Fry's Electronics.

Thanks.

-lightUup

It's my first LED flashlight I've ever bought and I'm very happy with the purchase. I bought mine at Target. I'm a newbie so I had to read the review of it at flashlightreviews.com to make my decision -- It's a very bright white smooth light. I saw them at Fry's as well, but my brother told me to buy at Target because their stock moves quicker. If you read what flashlightreviews.com said about some of the earlier manufactured lights having a defect in the reflector causing a donut hole effect, I was thinkng that Fry's might have some of those defective lights since they have a lot of stock that doesn't move as quickly as Target. I like the light enough that I want to get one of the AAA models also.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the AA and AAA models, and the AAA model is similar in body style only. It uses a 5mm LED instead of a Luxeon, giving it a bluish-green tint. If you wouldn't mind a slightly dimmer, much smaller light with less green and more blue in the beam, I'd recommend a Fenix E0. It runs off a single AAA and is barely larger than the cell that powers it. It'll produce eight hours of rock-solid output followed by several hours of declining output - with an alkaline!

Happy hunting!

TigerhawkT3 said:
I have the AA and AAA models, and the AAA model is similar in body style only. It uses a 5mm LED instead of a Luxeon, giving it a bluish-green tint. If you wouldn't mind a slightly dimmer, much smaller light with less green and more blue in the beam, I'd recommend a Fenix E0. It runs off a single AAA and is barely larger than the cell that powers it. It'll produce eight hours of rock-solid output followed by several hours of declining output - with an alkaline!

Happy hunting!

I didn't find mine to have any green. All the 5mms I've had usually have a blue cast, but not green.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's mostly a faint blue, but there's a greenish-yellow tinge in the corona. It's quite faint, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Still a great light, though.