• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale **850 Lumens ** Mag85 **NEW** $99.00

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Please let me know if it isn't appropriate to post in your thread.

I can vouche for the quality of Maxabeams assembled Mag85.

I just received the Mag 85 he assembled in the previous sale, and I have to say it is very impressive. My MagCharger1160 looked sickly, and loaded with artifacts compared to MadMaxabeams' Mag85.

Whoever buys this, should seriously consider the welded battery pack. Keeps things simple, plus it almost gives this mag85 a magcharger feel with the one battery pack.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i've only seen them with the 9 AA's. how is it done with a single battery pack? do you get enough volts?

Fenris

Enlightened
The battery pack he was refering to IS made up of AA's. It's just been shrink wrapped or whatever so it's "one" pack. If that makes any sense.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
MadMax, how does that protect against bulb flashes without a hotdriver circuit? Also, what does that mean about "magnetic charging leads" ?

That is an incredible deal though!

Mad Maxabeam

Newly Enlightened
Lux: I'm glad you asked; it doesn't. Particularly with the CBP pack instaflash is very easy to do. The packs must be rested about three hours for the Sanyo 2700 and 5 or 6 with the CBP 1650. Once the rest period is followed you are fine.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Mad Maxabeam said:
Lux: I'm glad you asked; it doesn't. Particularly with the CBP pack instaflash is very easy to do. The packs must be rested about three hours for the Sanyo 2700 and 5 or 6 with the CBP 1650. Once the rest period is followed you are fine.

Oh ok...that was a good question then. Yeah, I have this one light from FM that I'm using all stock parts from him which I love, and if I don't rest it a few hours (I test the voltage to make sure), I insta-flash 1185's every time....so it's a good thing to iknow, and easy resting routine to follow. It's why I just ordered one of AWR's hot drivers.

Last edited:

Waffle

Newly Enlightened
choppers said:
With magnetic leads that Max makes....very easy to charge

Would these leads come with the battery pack alone? Or does the entire light have to be purchased?

240zman

Newly Enlightened
I'll take 2 pewter if they are still available.
2 CBP 1650 battery packs
2 chargers
Thanks

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mad Maxabeam,

I don't want to hi-jack your thread either but have you thought about offering the following:

A "3C mag 85" is something I've been thinking of:

AW is about to start selling C sized Li-Ion rechargables.
3.7V nominal (3200 - 3300mAH)
Max. current threshold allowed by PCB : 12A
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=106075

Would these run the 1185 bulb properly ??
What is you opinion on this?

If they would do the job well, I really want a Mag 3C in Dark Blue

Same setup as your 3D version.
1185 Bi-pin 35W Lamp (Plus I'd want 1 or 2 spare lamps)
UCL Lens
Camless Medium Stipple Reflector
Kiu High Tenperature Socket
Magnetic Charging Leads
Modified Mag Switch

If you'd be willing to make this for me (and possibly others), can you do it for $99 + spare bulbs ?
I'm happy to send paypal payment up front.

If I should have PM'd you this question, please let me know and I'll edit this post straight away.

Regards
Dave

Latest posts