Difference between Inova T3 and XO3??

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what the differences are between the Inova T3 and the XO3 are? They are both L.E.D.'s and use 2-123 batts. Is one better than the other?

Thanks
J

saltwater

Newly Enlightened
The only difference is that the T3 has a clickie tailcap and the X03 has
a twist and momentary on only.

aggiejason

Newly Enlightened
Well, I picked up a T3, as well as a T2 and T1, from a fellow CPF'er. I haven't been home yet to check them out yet (I drive a truck and i'm usually on the road for a month at a time). I was in Target the other day and snagged an XO3, along with an X5 and an XO. Seems like the T3 and the T2 are very similar to the XO3 and the XO. Kinda makes me wonder why Inova would make lights that are that comparable to each other. The X5 is da bomb! Love that little light!

I have a SF G2 and it seems to kill the XO3 in brightness and throw. Obviously one's an incan and the other an L.E.D. Love the G2. Just not real impressed withe the XO3 or the XO. Can you say stocking stuffers?? LOL
biggrin.gif
Oh hell, maybe I'll just keep them anyways.
biggrin.gif

Mad1

Enlightened
I find Inova tend to be very generous on their lumen ratings.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Danbo said:
The T3 also has the checkering, which really helps in the gripping catagory.

Danbo is correct.

However, I fixed my XO3's relatively slippery grip issue by wrapping it with a few thick rubber bands (the kind that broccoli comes wrapped with -- this makes the light "organic" trendy). It ain't stylish, but it works very well.

Some find the T2/T3's tail clicky pretty stiff and hard on the thumb. My T2's tail spring feels like it's strong enough to launch a satellite. Hence, I prefer the XO series for my gnarly old paws.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing with my Inova X0, X5, and X03, the rubber bands work well,and are handy in any number of other ways also. The X5 is perhaps my most used flashlight other than my EDC X1. I grab it constantly around the house for chores.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mad1 said:
I find Inova tend to be very generous on their lumen ratings.

That would be a polite way of saying it. The "85 lumen" T3/XO3 produces 45 lumens at most. It's still a great light, though.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
saltwater said:
The only difference is that the T3 has a clickie tailcap and the X03 has
a twist and momentary on only.

One other difference:
The T3 has checkering around the barrel. Very shallow checkering, but still better than the smooth one on the X03. The X03 used to come with an inexpensive belt pouch as well. But no longer does.