The Official Atwood collectors thread.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Show your Atwoods. Or list 'em. If you don't have one - shame on you. Go buy one.

Picture025Medium.jpg

Picture027Medium.jpg

Picture026Medium.jpg

Picture028Medium.jpg

Picture029Medium.jpg

Picture030Medium.jpg

Link 1

Link 2

peace

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice gadgets, but the pic is a little underexposed.

What do you use them for?

Some of them look like funky keys.

xdanx

Enlightened
Great collection Powernoodle! :goodjob:

Peter Atwood's tools are fantastic and very handy.

I sold most of my collection but here is part of it (minus a Booger & Ti Keyton):

atwoodc1.jpg

Damascus wharncliffe Booger
Tritium Micro Card Knife
Titanium Prybaby XL
Stainless Whistle
Micro Bug Out Bar
Wedgie 5 and 3

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green - the ones that aren't sharpened get used for general prying, scraping, paint can opening, etc. Things you would normal try to do (unsuccessfully) with a knife blade. Always keep one of them on a ring with a Squirt P4. The sharp ones dont get as much attention, though one will get carried when I'm dressed in such a way that I can't carry a folder.

You are right about the underexposure. I took the pic outside in the early morning. I prefer to think of it as intentionally under-revealing the tools characteristics so as to increase their allure. :)

peace

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok you can go ahead and smack me:whoopin: but do you ever really need them or use them? i meen dont get me wrong they look very cool and i think whenever you need the once a month they are probably great but do you need that many?

xdanx

Enlightened
Well I don't need all of them, but I do use them. I would say I need about 4-5 of them but I like the multiple options. Atwood tools are fantastic, handy, and addicting little pieces. Once you buy about 2 of them, you will wan't to buy them all.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Here's some Atwoodies :

smatwoodiesgg8.jpg

There's a couple missing (keyton, Keyrambit, whistle) but by and large here they are clockwise from top left:
Son-of-Prything, Imp, Imp, Drop point Booger, Damascus Skeeter, Wharncliffe Booger, 3 inch Wedgie, Ti Prybaby, Mini-PrybabyXL, Micro Cleaver, Striped TinyTanto. Whew.....

Cliff

gorn

Enlightened
powernoodle said:
Show your Atwoods. Or list 'em. If you don't have one - shame on you. Go buy one.

I admit the Atwood gadgets are cool, but they are way overpriced. I won't be getting one. The only time I was really tempted to get one was when he did a run of prybabys that had a tritium insert. If those came back I would get one.

I'm not sure how useful they really are or if they are just a status symbol thing to carry. Do you find you actually use them?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Overpriced" is in the eye of the beholder. The vast majority of civilization likely thinks that most of the lights we buy are overpriced. Maybe they are right. But I don't have a bass boat, don't golf, and don't hit the bars every weekend. Instead, I blow my bucks on nice lights, cool multitools, spendy folders and some Atwoods. Its whatever floats your boat.

I would probably think that housing in the SF Bay area is overpriced. :)

peace

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
If you collect something then why would you need it?? He makes Damasteel versions for a lot more money you can never need them but they look great. I don't collect anything and try to have a need for everything I buy, but we are all different. I have an Area 51 Keyton on my keyring and it is very useful. It needs to be well made and made out of the best materials and it is. To me it is worth the money.

I also carry a bug out bar in my bag and that gets less use but again for its size because of the materials and workmanship it punches way above its weight.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Hmmmm........ Do you ever really need them he asks. I don't know....do we ever really NEED all those other things...what are they....oh yeah...lights ? :grin2:

Cliff

actually they are really usefull, some more than others.

knifebright

Enlightened
I have soo much crap i just don't need. Recently i bought my first Atwood a 4inch wedgie. Figured i could add it to the list but i found i use it daily instantly. You should get one and see what i mean for yourself but i find it compliments what ever knife i decided to carry nicely. There are soo many things that i use it for that i'd use a knife for previously and now i realise a knife was not the right tool for the job.
Price. quality. service.
they say to pick two and atwood tools fall in there too.
jimmy

Glockstersharp

Newly Enlightened
powernoodle said:
"Overpriced" is in the eye of the beholder. The vast majority of civilization likely thinks that most of the lights we buy are overpriced. Maybe they are right. But I don't have a bass boat, don't golf, and don't hit the bars every weekend. Instead, I blow my bucks on nice lights, cool multitools, spendy folders and some Atwoods. Its whatever floats your boat.

peace

What he said!:rock:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. I love the look of his tools, but have yet to buy one. I'm going to ask for one of his whistles for Christmas. I have a whistle on my keychain that I purchased on this site for like $2 and it shows. It isn't very loud at all and it looks like hell after being on my keychain for so long.

gorn

Enlightened
powernoodle said:

peace

SF Bay area housing cost are way overpriced.

I do have all the toys I want. I probably don't need any of them. I don't hit the bars at all, and the lights we buy are overpirced. But being overpirced hasn't stopped me from owning more lights than I could reasonalbly use in my lifetime.

I don't know who asked if you need them, I didn't re-read the whole thread. But what I would like is for someone to answer the question I had.

Are they something that you use or just ego toys? I am interested in this because if they actually are useful maybe i'll get some of his stuff.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gorn - I do find the Atwood prying tools useful. Not as useful as an EDC flashlight or folder, but useful nonetheless. I could get by just fine without one, but I'd rather not. The sharp ones I buy just because I like 'em. :)

peace

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Atwood makes high quality tools from the very best materials available....you can't go wrong with anything that has his name on it.