only "cash paypal, no CC"

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if this is not the right forum, no other seemed suitable...

Just have an offer in here, but "only cash PP allowed".
Noticed the amount will be deducted from my CC (as well as most ppl I think), so what is the difference?

Just read inside my PP account, didnt get it.
Its a normal one, then there is the "premium", and "business" (?)
premium "allowes to receive credit card payments"
:Thinking:
does this mean I would not be able to receive PP payments from E-Bayers when selling something (from other normal PP users where amount also will be deducted from their card?)

I do not get it, pls help.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
PP has a weasly setup where they charge you more if you accept CC payments.

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
......... and what about debit cards???

i know you can transfer money into your paypal account which will then be forwarded as a cash payment when paying for goods
on the paypal home page click on the "add funds"

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just don´t get it.

here is a line saying:
"if You make a payment, the credit card of the buyer will be charged and PP will rapidly furnish the amount to the seller"

Doesnt this mean, the seller will soon get his money, and my card (buyer) will be charged the next month?

I still do not understand why someone insits on "cash paypal" then...

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a seller to be able to accept CC or debit card payments, the seller has to have a PayPal "Premier" acct., which deducts a fee from the seller's acct. for each payment received. A PP "Personal" acct., on the other hand, charges no fees to either party, but only accepts cash/bank transfer payments.

IIRC, to be a seller on ebay and accept PP payments, you have to have a Premier acct.

This is why some CPFers (including me) have 2 PP accts., a Premier and a Personal. So, CC/DC payments can be accepted (Premier), but cash/bank transfer payments (Personal) are preferred.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Possibly because the PayPal account is a personal one that cannot accept credit card payments?

Generally all credit card payments of any kind carry a fee that consist of a flat fee for the transaction itself and a percentage of the total transaction (e.g. 25¢ plus 1.6% for POS or 35¢ plus 1.9% for phone/mail-order). For merchants this is a cost of doing business as they are prohibited passing this charge on as a surcharge to the consumer. Third party services that process such charges for individuals or businesses who do not have a means of accepting a credit card will surcharge that fee and sell it as a service to the individual or merchant (e.g. PayPal) at a flat rate of say, 3%.

If you want to set up a PayPal account that can accept credit cards, I believe it's called a Premium account or something along those line, but they charge a flat fee for all transactions (including cash.)

yellow said:
Sorry if this is not the right forum, no other seemed suitable...

Just have an offer in here, but "only cash PP allowed".
Noticed the amount will be deducted from my CC (as well as most ppl I think), so what is the difference?

Just read inside my PP account, didnt get it.
Its a normal one, then there is the "premium", and "business" (?)
premium "allowes to receive credit card payments"
:Thinking:
does this mean I would not be able to receive PP payments from E-Bayers when selling something (from other normal PP users where amount also will be deducted from their card?)

I do not get it, pls help.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
its around midnight here, maybe thats why i`m "slow" ;)

when I enter my basis PP account,
and klick the button "send money",
I can give the info on receiver, amount, currency, ...

when now klicking "move on",
the next page shows the receiver (also basis account) and
payment method: my credit card
then there is a highlighted option "more funding options",
also just shows credit card.
When on that "payment method" page clicking "add bank account" --> error message "not possible at that time.

--> so: credit card payment

when I now "send money", receiver (with basis account) will not get the money?

What to do, to make a "cash Paypal" then?

Never ever heared of this :(
PS: sorry if some terms are not correct. Just trying to find the best translation into english

[edit] lasts two posts give most info on my questions. Thanks.
Final question remains: how to make a "cash payment" (by now just having the basic account, payed by CC) [/edit]

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe you transfer cash from a banking institution (your bank account) to the PayPal account to fund the cash transfer.

yellow said:
its around midnight here, maybe thats why i`m "slow" ;)

What to do, to make a "cash Paypal" then?

DM51

Flashaholic
I recently paid for a flashlight from another CPF member, and used PayPal. It was a handy way of doing it, as he was overseas and effectively the cash was simply emailed to him by PayPal. If both parties have a PayPal-verified bank account which can be used by PayPal as a funding source / destination, I think no fees are payable. Otherwise (if your bank account is not verified) PayPal draws on your credit card and you pay fees. However the limit you can receive I think is about $500 per month (no limit on payments). This encourages frequent sellers to open premium PayPal accounts, and I think that is how PayPal gets most of their fees. I may be wrong about some of this but I think it is roughly the way it works.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't PayPal have their terms of use published on their site? It's probably easiest to provide him with that link rather than retyping it all out every time someone asks? ;)

DM51 said:
I recently paid for a flashlight from another CPF member, and used PayPal. It was a handy way of doing it, as he was overseas and effectively the cash was simply emailed to him by PayPal. If both parties have a PayPal-verified bank account which can be used by PayPal as a funding source / destination, I think no fees are payable. Otherwise (if your bank account is not verified) PayPal draws on your credit card and you pay fees. However the limit you can receive I think is about $500 per month (no limit on payments). This encourages frequent sellers to open premium PayPal accounts, and I think that is how PayPal gets most of their fees. I may be wrong about some of this but I think it is roughly the way it works.

DM51

Flashaholic
Sorry, Yellow, I don't think I explained that very well at all. And you certainly aren't the only one to have had difficulty understanding PayPal - it took me a long time to get it set up properly.

You need to get your bank account verified by PayPal. You can do this by logging on, then putting in your password and looking for a link suggesting that you verify your account (sorry, I can't remember what this link looks like as I did it some time ago so that link no longer appears on my page).

The procedure to do this verification is quite tedious and boring, but it is worth persevering with it. It involves a small transaction made by PayPal to your bank account, which contains a code-number. This code-number appears on your next bank statment and you can then use this number to activate the verification. This means you cannot do it all in one day, as you will have to wait for your next Bank Statement. But once you have done it, it does mean instant cash transactions are possible via PayPal.