Amondotech high current AA vs CBP1650

Starlight

Enlightened
This is a very unscientific test, and was only run once. I thought the results were worth sharing. It might prompt our battery experts to test them. I have 2 regulated drivers for 62138 100W bulbs. They run at about 8 amps each (calculated, not measured). I have two fivemega 12AA-3D battery holders. I have 12 used CBP1650 batteries, that seem to be in good condition, loaded in one holder. I bought 12 of the new Amondotech Power Max, high current 1800mah AA's to put in the other holder. I ran them both for a couple of minutes, then charged both of them.

The lights were run side by side, one minute on, then rested till the heads cooled. Brightness appeared to be equal, but that is strictly an observation by eye. The CBP1650's reached the low voltage shut off right after starting the 9th cycle. The Power Max almost finished a 10th cycle before low voltage shut them off.

There is nothing earth shaking about the performance of the Amondotech batteries. However, given the leaking problems with the CBP batteries and the fact that the Amondotech are available with button tops, they are a viable alternative. Based on this limited test, I would say they are worthwhile for you to try.

Starlight

Enlightened
Tom,
I was hoping you would be the one to take an interest in this. It would be nice if we could find an alternative to CBP1650's.

Harry

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they are slim enough to fit a cluster of 4 inside a newer colored D sized Mag? They look it.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I may have just experienced my first CBP1650 leak. Does it leak clear liquid that dries kinda gold or brownish?

Shane