How to tighten P1 beam

ddslight

Newly Enlightened
Is there any way to tighten the beam of a Fenix P1. I love the brightness of this little light but I want more of a spot and decrease all of the spill that the light produces. Is it posible to place a different lense in it and if so do you have any links that may point me in the right direction. Thanks.

easilyled

Flashaholic
In a light that small you would have to use an optic instead of a reflector.

If you look up Pierce-light, you might find the narrow optic they use in that
light

I believe there is quite a lot of info about the Pierce-light in the Manufacturer's forums of CPF

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
ddslight said:
Is there any way to tighten the beam of a Fenix P1. I love the brightness of this little light but I want more of a spot and decrease all of the spill that the light produces. Is it posible to place a different lense in it and if so do you have any links that may point me in the right direction. Thanks.
You could replace the reflector with a very short focus DCX lens. DCX lenses curve outward on both sides.
Take a look at what Surplusshed.com has to offer.
Find all the ones that are the same or slightly smaller in diameter than the original reflector and then pick the one that has the shortest focal length.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about loosing the pill and screwing it in or out some. Will that change the focus?

Canuke

Enlightened
Lite_me said:
What about loosing the pill and screwing it in or out some. Will that change the focus?

Based on my experience with similar-sized reflectors in an Inretech Trilight III, the likely answer is no.

One way to tell is to view the light head-on (while it's turned off) in a well-lit room, from at least a few feet away. If the yellow phosphor fills the reflector completely, as opposed to being in the center or outer edge only, it's pretty close to maxed out.

Speaking for myself, I was impressed with how tight the spot was on mine, for such a small package; it is comparable to my LionHeart which has a larger reflector but the same size die.