R.I.P. Gerald Levert

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was truly shocked reading a headline in this mornings newspaper about Gerald Levert's death at 40! He was a very inspirational singer and I was hoping to catch him in concert somewhere in Northern California and have been looking for the past four years or so but was unable to catch him.
crywellup.gif

CPF'ers might not be familiar with him so I'm not sure how many will even view this thread but Levert was born in Cleveland and was also a part LSG, the R & B supergroup in the 80's which included platinum selling stars Keith Sweat and Johnny Gill.

The loss of Luther Vandross was bad enough, especially since he lost so much weight, I didn't even recognize him. He was an awesome singer though.

Some of Gerald Levert's most popular ballads include "I'd Give Anything to Fall in Love", and "You Got That Love."

"Levert was known for his sensual, romantic songs, but unlike Luther Vandross, whose voice and songs were more genteel, Levert's music was explosive and raw"

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's a good link with a single picture that captures Geralds passion.
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=114&sid=971236

R.I.P. Gerald Levert

gone too soon.

cryrag.gif

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
They say these things happen in strings of three, maybe he's #3.
With Ed Bradley and Jack Palance preceding him.

danielo_d

Enlightened
Man, I can't believe it!

Also, he was the son of Eddie Levert- a member of the Ojays.
He sounded alot like his father. Gerald did a duet with his father.
Gerald mentioned once in an interview, that he attributes his talent from his father. And that although he may have had a little more technical ability than his father he was nowhere near his father's powerful range. [IIRC]

- He was a terrific singer with humility to boot.

RIP Gerald. would've like to see him perform in concert, too!

Danno