Looking for a LED light with some tough requirements

NAW

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Right now I am thinking about getting a LED light. I have a Surefire 6P, a detonator extender, 2X P91 lamp assemblies, 1 P61 lamp assembly, a DRB-9VHP lamp assembly, 2X rechargeable 17500 batteries, and a DSD charger.

I'm getting a bit bored with my rechargeable set up.
blush.gif

I'm wondering if any of you guys know of an LED flashlight that meets these requirements.

-Is worthy enough to be traded for my entire set up.

-Can use primary CR123 batteries but be able to use rechargeable batteries. This is perhaps the most important feature I'm after. I'd hate an LED light that can't be used with rechargeables.

-At least a hours runtime.

-Around 100 lumens.

-The largest size I'd be willing to go with is a 3X cell configuration.

-Oh yeah I would like a clip.

*At this point of time I'm thinking of those nice Aleph A19 Cree from the shoppe. But not to sure if it can use rechargeable batteries.

* Another thing I'm considering is getting a KL5 Led head and putting it on my 9P. Does anybody know if it can run off of 2X 17500 batteries?

Lets see what you guys got to suggest.
grin.gif

modify_inline.gif

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new light called the Goncz...at www.e-lectronics.net (ithink)..m-3 model...great specs-take a look ( I should be getting a sample in a week) powerful incan- with a new type of quarter turn focusing head....very modular...3 to 5 cells- also can run 18500 cells...removable insert.....led module avail.(bit expensive)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Lighthouse one,

That line of lights is not new. It just has never made it into production.

It will be interesting to see if you actually get a light. A search on Goncz in this forum (and others as well) will turn up a lot of well deserved negative comments. If you are paying, make sure you use a credit card and keep track of the time you are allowed to cancel the order.

He has been trying to get his line of lights into production for a long time. He has shown up at the Shot Show with non working prototypes looking for funding to get his lights into production, after claiming that his lights would put to shame all the others (including SureFire) that were on display.

Goncz has been banned from CPF, and there was a time when threads discussing him and his lights were immediately closed. You may have to go back into the archives to locate the threads.

Tom

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info...since I'm a bit new....I'll use caution ( I'm supposed to get a sample to test out)...sorry for changing the post!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
....SURFIRE U2 WITH 18650.... meets each and every requirement... but it is on the border with 100 lumens though.

-David