Alien Technology

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Since I'm in a photographic mood tonight, I thought I'd post some additional info about the Woods brand LED nightlights that I wrote about a week ago.
The primary reason I took the optic blade out of these lights is that I didn't like having the freaky alien face projected on the wall...

AlienNightlightlowres9952.jpg

Well that and it destroyed my night vision when I walked past. With the blade removed and the light aimed down it's a much better nightlight.
Of course if your kids like Power Rangers, Transformers or other such figures, they might like these. They come in white or blue LED for $2.30 at Big Lots.

Last edited:

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
I have the same nightlight from wallllmart. Unfortunately the cats seem to love to play in the shadows this odd LED light casts. It is annoying at 2 in the AM but I don't have the heart to take it way from the little guys now that they have grown accustomed to rolling around in it. I originally got it for the laundry room/litter box room in my apt but it is not very illuminating at all (as neat as it is). So I got a florescent night-light for them in the laundry room and tossed this in the hallway and they have enjoyed it ever since.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the picture posted is with the blade in and the alien projection. It looks very similar to the projection off of one of the older optical mice I have when you point it towards a wall.