• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Aleph parts for my first build!!

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened

I know, now is a bad time to want Aleph parts, but I figure someone's wanting to try out a new Cree in some form and probably has some spare parts around.

I'm not terribly worried about condition, so scratches and scuffs are fine with me!! So this would be a good chance to unload an EDC or a dropped light.

This is for educational purposes as it's my first build, so any help is greatly appreciated, especially if it's a complete body, minus the LE that would be great!

I'd prefer Aleph 2 or 19 head (glass, reflector, O-rings), 2X123 or 1.5X123 preferred (I like longer bodies), and I like the McTC or E2D type guarded tail caps. I'm not at all concerned with material, though Ti would be cool, it would put this project into a higher tax bracket. :)

I (currently) have no idea how the 2-stage works, but I'd like to incorporate that into my build if that helps any.

If you happen to have the parts to allow me to build a LE for this project, that would be cool too! :)

If there is anything you see completely wrong with my plan thus far, or I'm making a terrible newb mistake, feel free to bump me in the right direction. I actually listen to constructive criticism! :)

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the branch of mathematics known as set theory, the aleph numbers are a sequence of numbers used to represent the cardinality (or size) of infinite sets. They are named after the symbol used to denote them, the Hebrew letter aleph (
1acc955c2027913bc6aec9e08521cced.png
).

The cardinality of the natural numbers is aleph-null (
be4c703ed73456618ed283b892c6715a.png
) (also aleph-naught, aleph-nought); the next larger cardinality is aleph-one
9bc9d952e0d3fb65351053e08b3dfe0a.png
, then
2bf96d57ff8229a5bea008e99d31996d.png
and so on. Continuing in this manner, it is possible to define a cardinal number
c73ee00bb8d2e6bcb1f994c2bb48d901.png
for every ordinal number α, as will be described below.

The concept goes back to Georg Cantor, who defined the notion of cardinality and realized that infinite sets can have different cardinalities.

The aleph numbers differ from the infinity (∞) commonly found in algebra and calculus. Alephs measure the sizes of sets; infinity, on the other hand, is commonly defined as an extreme limit of the real number line, or an extremal point of the extended real number line. While some alephs are larger than others, ∞ is just ∞.