LOVE my Arc, need more advice.

Duffy

Newly Enlightened
OK, I have to admit I didn't get it at first. I just wanted a pocket flashlight, found this forum, and knew I'd get good advice. But come on, how excited can people get about flashlights? Just a tool, means to an end.

Thanks to the advice I got here, I now have an Arc AAA. Now I get it. I am of the body. This is the coolest thing I've bought in years. Somebody on the forum chided me for saying it wouldn't get used much. You were right about that, too. It also makes me an instant hero with my kids and their friends.

Now of course I must buy more. Specifically, I want my wife to have a flashlight for her purse, with a lanyard to loop around the straps. It needs to be fairly sturdy, but light. I'm thinking about the Princeton Tec Blast. Something about that size, or maybe a little bigger if the output is substantially better. Ideas?
--Duffy

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the wife a Surefire E1 would be good...small enough to fit into a change-purse, extremely tough, and incredibly bright for it's size. Lagger-pro is a good place to buy. GOOD prices, free shipping, and GREAT service!
grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
The Blast is a great flashlight, but it may be a bit heavy and bulky for your wife to carry in her purse. Remember, it uses 8 AA cells. An alternative could be the PT Rage or PT Tec40. A PT Attitude is also a good choice for an LED light.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go along with the PT Rage for this particular purpose. Small, light, bright, cheap light, cheap batteries. WrightRight helps the beam, but porbably not necessary for your wife's needs. TX
PS:TTS carries the ARC & the PT Rage. Good prices on both. Stay away from the LED's. Most likely she'ld be useing it in partically lit areas where a brighter light is needed.

Gandalf

Enlightened
The Princeton Tec Rage, which is the 4AAA version of the PT Blast, puts out a *lot* of light for it's size, weight, and cost. Quite small and lightweight, it puts out a center hot spot, with a fairly wide angle area of light around it; it's perfect for short to medium distances. And it's inexpensiveto operate.
wink.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PJD:
For the wife a Surefire E1 would be good...small enough to fit into a change-purse, extremely tough, and incredibly bright for it's size. Lagger-pro is a good place to buy. GOOD prices, free shipping, and GREAT service!
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No hole for a lanyard on an E-1 but does have a nice little clip. Women really love those lights.