Flashaholic*
Looking out my window:
fda4739f.jpg

Bigger picture:
web page

YC

yclo

Flashaholic*
No idea what that light is, I think it's just a floodlight on top of that building. It's actually orange, but my camera makes it red-ish.

Yup, it's 1:30am.
tongue.gif

So I'm off to bed, seeya.
smile.gif

-Signing off
YC

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dooo doo doooo Dooo Dooooo! (think Close Encounters!)

Nice photo! Looks like a high pressure sodium streetlight to me.

I like it when it`s foggy here. The beam from my 9NT looks fantastic! Green lasers are tremendous fun too, it looks like they shine for miles and miles....

shocked.gif
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Hey Chris, did you ever take any pictures of my green laser while you had it? Do anything cool with it? Tell me you didn't just shine it on a wall across the room and then set it down.
wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, let`s see what I can find....

Would you adam-and-believe it, my usual image hosting space is completely full! Better use the Torch Reviews site while I make more room over there....
tongue.gif

Size comparison:
greenlaser.jpg

Beam profile:
greenlasrbeam.jpg

Bright little thing, shone on my shed in the middle of the day:
greenlasrshed.jpg

Brightness comparison next to a red laser (~3mw?):
redgreenlasr.jpg

Showing the strobing effect by waving it up and down fast:
greenlasersmoke2.jpg

I`m sure there are a few more shots here too, I know I took more. Unfortunately I didn`t get a chance to check flourescence and polarisation effects in liquid as I couldn`t find a suitable clear flat bottom container, and just didn`t have the time to try and construct such a thing. And our christmas decorations are deep in the bowels of our attic, guarded by a big mean Category Two spider (I don`t like spiders!) who was winking at me when I went to check for any snow shakers. Didn`t find any....

I`ll see if I can find any more photos later. They may be in some bizarre location on my hard drive, they may be on a Zip disc, not sure. There should be one of it shining out into the night when it was raining heavy once, hope I still have that one....

grin.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z-Bolt has them, and they're a heck of a lot cheaper now than when I got mine..
Still not very cheap though, compared with red laser pointers. Lots of fun though. I don't regret getting mine at all.

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green laser looks interesting. I've read a lot where it was mentioned, but these are the 1st pictures I've seen. Who sells them?? TX