help : laptop driver`s - can`t find.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to download it for you and the error I get is that it cannot find the specified file, are you sure there is one on that link?

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can get to that site. I typed "ftp.higrade.com" into the address bar (without the quotes, of course).

I can do it from Windows Explorer and also from Internet Explorer.

Just clicking on the link with I.E. doesn't work. I don't know why. I guess the internet will always be a mystery to me :sigh:

Last edited:

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's a little less mysterious. If you click on the link and then remove the "/pub" from the end of the URL, it will work also. Maybe their "pub" ain't all that public.

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason there is an error is that there is no '/pub' directory at all. The drivers for their laptop/notebooks are here, but I can't find any for the W5600 series... Read the Readme.txt which says that you need to refer to the manufacturer's label at the bottom of your laptop to obtain the correct model number before downloading anything.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. thanks eveyone for your help.

the lack of support on the website, if you can call it that make me think this might be some soft of generic machine with just a brand name stuck on it.

It has an VIA VN890+8237A chipset, so i suppose i can download a lot from the VIA website.

But laptops can be funny things when it comes to drivers.

If this laptop is sold under another brand name mabe i would have better luck on that website, if anybody knows.

thanks.

John.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
found it.

turns out the bare bones chassy is made by a company called mitac.

hi-grade buy them in and add processor, memory, hdd, dvd-rw and all the rest to a customer spec.

thanks for the help.

John.