Can someone identify this flashlight

maUru

Newly Enlightened
I am a technician, I fix photocopiers, and a good small torch is a must have for me. My old torch (mini-maglite) was just not bright enough and didn't last long either, so I went looking for something powerful and long lasting, I decided on an LED torch.

I found an Energizer torch which I bought about 2-3 years ago from Praktiker for about 6 euros. I didn't think it would be any good but I thought I'd give it a try as it was so cheap. It is plastic and has a rubber grip, very easy to hold and fits in the hand well. It's also pretty well built, mines been dropped from 10 meters without suffering any damage at all.

It turned out to be the best buy I've ever made, it gives out a strong uniform white light. The uniformness of this light is awesome, its almost too perfect. If I pull the lid, it transforms into a 360 degree light that lets me put it inside places and work without holding it. If I take off the lens, the spotlight leaves, and I get a floodlight that fills up any space.

It lasts for ages, I mean I left it on by accident over a weekend and it still didn't run out of battery. It takes a 4xAAA battery magazine and I change the batteries probably every month (with moderate to heavy usage), I estimate it will give 100 hours of light. It looks like it has a regulator too as there's a chip under the LED.

It seems that the whole deal is not the LED, but the lens it wears, it creates a very concentrated, uniform light that has a very decent throw for a single LED, and one day when I was out in the forest at night, I turned it on and could see the beam very clearly (musta been pretty dusty in that place), and the thing was making visible (in the pitch black dark) stuff over 100meters away.

The thing is, mine is getting a bit worn, I've looked everywhere for the same one, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know what the model is (and more importantly) where I can find it?

Or can they suggest an alternative? I've looked at the Surefire E2E, it looks like it's more powerful which is good, but the battery life is just not good enough, I mean even when my Energizer's batteries are almost dead and are giving out half the amps they should be, the torch is still usable.

Below are some pics.
a.jpg

b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg
e.jpg
f.jpg
g.jpg
i.jpg

j.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Crap! Saw that light just yesterday too! :ohgeez:

Don't know the official name of it.... but you can find it at Ace Hardware.

maUru

Newly Enlightened
Thanks elgarak,

Do you know of another torch that is of the same sort of spec, maybe a bit brighter and waterproof? This one isn't.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're talking about the beam, and not the lantern mode (I bought it because of this), the only light I can think of with a similar beam is the old version of the Inova X1 (the newer ones have a broad beam). Much better build quality than the Energizer, runs on one AA. The old X1 version is not longer produced, IIRC.

The curious thing about the Energizer is that it was copying the X1 beam, including the blue ring. The latter was achieved by a blue transparent plastic ring around the lens :huh:.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this flashlight in Target today.

A waterproof, higher quality light in the same class (single 5-mm LED, 4xAAA cells, lens collimator) is the Princeton Tec Impact 2. One disadvantage is that the Impact 2 does not convert to a lantern mode.

If you want a flashlight that is larger and has much more output (but much less runtime), buy a Streamlight 4AA Luxeon.