My fenix L2P / L1P wont turn on.... now what?

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
My Fenix, which has been comftorably holstered at my side for several months now has recently stopped working!

It worked just fine last night, I had changed the battery the day before. However this morning when I needed it it just wouldnt work! I reached into my bag and pulled out a little mag AA which will get me by for now but I dont know how long I can stand it.

Now at first I though maybe the battery was dead, it could have gotten left on. so I opened it and took teh battery out, it was still intact but I tossed it and replaced it with a fresh AA. screwed the back on and pressed the button... nothing

Next I checked the threads, the front and back are nice and secure and all surfaces are clean.

theres no moisture in the body or under the lense, there are no dents on the body

yet it wont turn on, I'm not sure what to do... Will fenix fix this.... I bought it from Fenix-store.com.... what should I do?

anything else I should check (The action on the switch is still nice)

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
You could either check the switch with a meter or just short the negative end of the battery to the body to identify whether the problem is at the head or in the switch.

FYI: The switch on my L1P unscrewed itself from the tailcap when I changed the battery the other day. You might check that it is screwed in firmly before chucking the switch in the trash.

KuoH

Jerb

Newly Enlightened
My DMM says that the switch still works, however when I short the battery against the body the light does not light indicating a bad head.

does fenix carry a warrenty of any sort?

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Before you contact 4sevens, try the following.........

Take off the head and screw it on where the tailcap is on now. My L2P will only light if I put the head on the correct side of the body tube. I don't know if Fenix designed the body this way...but all 3 of the L2P's that I have owned and sold have been this way.

Bill

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jerb said:
My Fenix, which has been comftorably holstered at my side for several months now has recently stopped working!

It worked just fine last night, I had changed the battery the day before. However this morning when I needed it it just wouldnt work! I reached into my bag and pulled out a little mag AA which will get me by for now but I dont know how long I can stand it.

Now at first I though maybe the battery was dead, it could have gotten left on. so I opened it and took teh battery out, it was still intact but I tossed it and replaced it with a fresh AA. screwed the back on and pressed the button... nothing

Next I checked the threads, the front and back are nice and secure and all surfaces are clean.

theres no moisture in the body or under the lense, there are no dents on the body

yet it wont turn on, I'm not sure what to do... Will fenix fix this.... I bought it from Fenix-store.com.... what should I do?

anything else I should check (The action on the switch is still nice)

Pretty much the same thing happened to my L2p. Talked to lighthound were I bought it last spring. They were really nice about it and just told me to send it back.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be nice if car dealers treated us as nice as the flashlight dealers do here. Cheers to the dealers mentioned in previous posts. You guys will have my business for life.

Now if only surefire could hurry up and manufacture my L4!

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Hey good idea, and you may not even have to take the head off to check. On my L1P, if you're looking at the Fenix logo right side up, then the head would be on the left end of the tube.

Looking at the ends of the battery tube and threading, the head side is just a bit longer, allowing the tip of the tube to make contact with the ring on the head. If it's on backwards, the end of the thread will prevent the tube and head from making electrical contact. The anodizing on the threads allow little if any current to flow.

KuoH

Braddah_Bill said:
Take off the head and screw it on where the tailcap is on now. My L2P will only light if I put the head on the correct side of the body tube. I don't know if Fenix designed the body this way...but all 3 of the L2P's that I have owned and sold have been this way.